♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

BR & BOTM Archives > BR3: Lisa ~ Amanda {Start date Dec. 1}

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I am so excited to read with you this month. Do you have any pressing reads you would like to suggest? If not, I always have a list in most genres.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments This will be my first ever buddy read, so I'm pretty excited too! I don't really have anything pressing, although I was thinking about starting either The Word Game, Life and Other Near-Death Experiences, or some Christmas romance. What about you?

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I was looking at some YA fiction and a few classics lately. My main goal for choosing a book is one neither of us have to purchase. But I do have a couple christmas romances, if you wanna go with that catagory

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Christmas romance will work for me. I prefer not having to go buy one as well. What do you have in mind?

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda 'Winter is Sweetwater County' by Ciara Knight is apparently the only one I have. But if you have any that can be purchased on Kindle, they're usually cheap

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I don't have that one and it isn't free on amazon right now.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda What do you have in that category?

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda What do you have in that category?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I'm so sorry I'm just now getting back to you. We've had a family emergency (father-in-law has pancreatic cancer) and the last 24 hours have been pretty hectic. Well, i have several Christmas books:
1. A Christmas Wish, Joy Brooks
2. An Outback Christmas, Louise Reynolds
3. Unwrapping Her Perfect Match, Kat Latham
4. Operation White Christmas, Nicki Edwards
5. Small Town Christmas Tales (10 different stories, just downloaded off amazon today for free)
6. Christmas Wish Come True (3 different stories renectly downloaded from amazon for free)
7. Christmas Romance (4 stories, all connected together)

If there isn't anything on this list that interests you or whatever else, let me know what you have and I'll see if I can find something free on amazon or through my library that is available online.

message 10: by Amanda (last edited Dec 02, 2015 10:58AM) (new)

Amanda I found 'Unwrapping Her Perfect Match' by Kat Latham is on Amazon for free today, if you wanna do that. It seems cute enough.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Works for me! I'll get started on it tomorrow.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Awesome!

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Dec 07, 2015 11:34PM) (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I'M finished with the book. I'm surprised it took me so long to read it, but I've had a lot going on lately. Anyway, I wasn't too impressed with the book. What about you?

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I actually haven't had a chance to start. i will try to finish by the end of the week though.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I just finished last night. I enjoyed most of it. It just moved a little too fast for comfort

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I think part of the problem with reading this book is the fact that it is a novella. It's novella 3.5 with a four or five book series about lacrosse.

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments It did move pretty fast. I don't mind sports being incorporated into books, a lot of the ones I read have some sort of athletic activities in them. It was alright as far as the shortness goes. Isn't really one I'd recommend to anyone

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I feel like it would have been better if it could have taken place over a longer period of time.