What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books similar to the Winds of the Forelands series by David B. Coe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakle (new)

Zakle | 104 comments I love the Winds of the Forelands series - I love David B. Coe in general - but since I've finished it, I want to find a new series like it.

message 2: by Zakle (new)

Zakle | 104 comments Bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Mar 18, 2017 06:22PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
For people who may not be familiar with that series, can you describe some of its main features? As well as what specifically about it you liked so much.

message 4: by Zakle (last edited Mar 20, 2017 03:05AM) (new)

Zakle | 104 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "For people who may not be familiar with that series, can you describe some of its main features? As well as what specifically about it you liked so much."

Rules of Ascension (Winds of the Forelands, #1) by David B. Coe .

I first read the series back in 2013 so my memory might be a bit hazy. I really need to refind the series and read them again. But I do remember the things I loved the most about the books--it was the political intrigue and the character development. Travis, who was raised to succeed his father as duke, changed a lot. I remember he was spoiled and not a really likable character in the beginning.

There are also a lot of characters and you can't hate the antagonists because they have a genuine reason for doing what they're doing.

message 5: by Zakle (new)

Zakle | 104 comments Bump.