Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Archive > 2016 Book Selectors and Themes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by jaxnsmom (last edited Mar 25, 2016 04:14PM) (new)

jaxnsmom | 2396 comments Mod
Here's the list for 2016.

January - Becky
February - Ashley
March - Kate
April - Gina Tammy
May - Randa
June - Mary
July - Linda C
August - Hilary
September - Elissa
October - Ann
November - Tina
December - Natasha

Alternates (in the order listed):
Kay
Barb
Nell
jaxnsmom

message 2: by jaxnsmom (last edited Dec 13, 2016 12:56AM) (new)

Themes for 2016

When it's your month to pick our books, you'll choose the theme and a book to fit, and a book of your choice.

Ghosts / Paranormal
Books / Bookshop /Library
Cats
Historical - 1900 to 1970
Craft store / business
Clothes / Fashion
Witch
Historical - 1800s
Gardening
Cooking / Food as a business / Bakery / Restaurant / Culinary
Beauty
Music
English village
MC over 40
Male sleuth
Sewing / Fiber arts
US Region - South
US Region - New England
US Region - West
Foreign country (not US)
Religious sleuth
Amish
Job-related
Hobby farm
Specific State
Dogs
Island setting (ex: Caribbean)
Fitness
Psychic
Wines / Vineyards
Scotland

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments YAY! My birthday month too :) So you'll just email us & let us know what theme we are to pick from?

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

Becky, we're trying something new. You'll get to choose your theme and your personal choice book.
I'll post the themes this week that you can choose from.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments Great! thanks!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments Thank you for November!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments Hmm Looks as though I have one of the quiet months!

Oh are we supposed to start the discussion threads off as well?

message 8: by jaxnsmom (new)

Nell sets up the discussion threads for us, and includes covers of all the books in the series.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Nell sets up the discussion threads for us, and includes covers of all the books in the series."

Excellent! Well bring on another good year of reading cozies :D

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments Hilary wrote: "jaxnsmom wrote: "Nell sets up the discussion threads for us, and includes covers of all the books in the series."

Excellent! Well bring on another good year of reading cozies :D"

I am so happy to be a part of this!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Williams (carsinger) | 5 comments Becky wrote: "YAY! My birthday month too :) So you'll just email us & let us know what theme we are to pick from?"

Same with me!!!

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris What are our book titles for January?? Maybe I missed that posting??!!

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments I must have missed it also. But I have been in the Hospital and Rehab!

Mary

message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 419 comments Mary, I hope you are better now!

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Trying to get around more, broken hip and brain bleed took me down for quite some time. Has been a looooong recovery, but I do finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. My brain is slow at times so if my answers don't always sound right that is why.

Mary

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments Mary wrote: "Trying to get around more, broken hip and brain bleed took me down for quite some time. Has been a looooong recovery, but I do finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. My brain is slow at times so if my answers don't always sound right that is why.

Mary "

Oooh I hope you recover quickly!

Hmm I am still waiting to hear what the January picks are as well!

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments I will kept looking for new selections too!

Mary

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments Mary I am glad you recovering with such great hope and strength! Happy to see you are back to reading, a great form of therapy I must say! I am excited for the January reads to be posted as well!

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments I would have thought that they wouldhave been posted by now?

Mary

message 20: by jaxnsmom (new)

Mary, it's good to see that your recovery is going well.

message 21: by jaxnsmom (new)

My fault that the books haven't been chosen. All this warm weather has me confused about what month it is. ☺ I've messaged Becky and if I don't hear from her by Thursday, Tammy is the alternate. So I hope Becky replies, or that Tammy sees this.

message 22: by jaxnsmom (last edited Dec 29, 2015 05:19AM) (new)

Also, Peggy Nell has posted a list of themes in the Themes topic, and I copied it here in post 2. Another lapse on my part so thanks to Peggy Nell for posting them and for reminding that we haven't heard from Becky!

message 23: by Nell (last edited Dec 29, 2015 02:28AM) (new)

Nell | 2567 comments Mod
jaxnsmom wrote: "Also, Peggy has posted a list of themes in the Themes topic, and I copied it here in post 2. Another lapse on my part so thanks to Peggy for posting them and for reminding that we haven't heard fro..."

You're welcome. I posted the list of themes nominated before Dec 1st and combined ones that are similar.

Looking forward to seeing what Becky picks.

Nell

message 24: by jaxnsmom (new)

I sat bolt upright and realized that I called Nell the wrong name. And I don't even know where I got Peggy from. I'm so sorry Nell. I'm a total idiot lately.

message 25: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Can we see some books listed soon though? Before the new year gets here? Where is the list of themes. Maybe I can help! I have some time on my hands. I would be happy to pick books for the new year.

Just trying to help, if I am overstepping please let me know. I will not feel bad!

Mary

message 26: by jaxnsmom (new)

Thanks for volunteering Mary, but your time is in June. If we don't hear from Becky before Thursday, Tammy will choose, since she's our first alternate. We're trying to get the books posted soon, but I left it too long.

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments I didn't know there was a post? i asked & was told i'd get an email explaining how to do it & i didn't receive one! sorry I'm late.

message 28: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments I would love the Cat theme & I choose The Big Kittyby Claire Donally
The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #1) by Claire Donally

and book of my choice is A Slice of Murder
by Chris Cavendar.
A Slice of Murder (Pizza Lovers, #1) by Chris Cavender

I hope i did that right. If not let me know & i'll redo. Now that i am aware of this post i'll keep my eye out. Sorry ladies!

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments Ooooo.. Both sound good.

message 30: by jaxnsmom (new)

Yes, both books do sound good. I hope I'll be able to get both of them.

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Becky wrote: "I would love the Cat theme & I choose The Big Kittyby Claire Donally

by Chris Cavendar...."

Both books sound good. I'm on my way to Amazon to get them for my Kindle. Thanks for posting them.

Mary

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments I have to make an apology to all the group. I was not only a slacker but also I obviously can't read LOL nowhere in the post does jaxnsmom say she'd email me LOL i'm an airhead! Sorry for the delay & hopefully everyone can get the books in time!

message 33: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments Mary wrote: "Becky wrote: "I would love the Cat theme & I choose The Big Kittyby Claire Donally

by C..."

Glad you like them!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments I've read A Slice of Murder (Pizza Lovers, #1) by Chris Cavender before but not The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #1) by Claire Donally , so a quick re-read and a nice new one for me! Thank you Becky

message 35: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments Hilary wrote: "I've read A Slice of Murder (Pizza Lovers, #1) by Chris Cavender before but not The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #1) by Claire Donally, so a quick re-read and a nice new one for me! Thank you Becky"

You're welcome!

message 36: by jaxnsmom (new)

Becky wrote: "I have to make an apology to all the group. I was not only a slacker but also I obviously can't read LOL nowhere in the post does jaxnsmom say she'd email me LOL i'm an airhead! Sorry for the delay..."

I think December snuck up on us and then flew by before we realized it. I let the ball drop, so I'm blaming it all on December. ☺ I'm going to try to do better.

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments it didn't feel like Dec OR the holidays this year! Plus i've been sick for over 3 weeks. i'm totally over it!

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments We have the choices and I started reading - the books are good so YAY!

Jaxnsmom could you just give a heads up for the rest of us - when in the month before should we post our selections?

message 39: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments Hilary wrote: "We have the choices and I started reading - the books are good so YAY!

Jaxnsmom could you just give a heads up for the rest of us - when in the month before should we post our selections?"

I have mine out & ready to start as soon as I finish the Fern Michaels book I started "last year" LOL

message 40: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 545 comments I want to join this year, and have ordered the books from Booktopia, as I couldn't find a kindle version.
They should arrive in a week or so.

message 41: by jaxnsmom (new)

Becky wrote: "it didn't feel like Dec OR the holidays this year! Plus i've been sick for over 3 weeks. i'm totally over it!"

Being sick at this time of year is no fun. Hope the new year starts off healthy and stays that way!

message 42: by jaxnsmom (new)

Hilary wrote: "Jaxnsmom could you just give a heads up for the rest of us - when in the month before should we post our selections?"

I'm trying to figure out the best place to put a reminder so I'll actually see it. I have a bad habit of putting notes on scraps of paper or the back of envelopes and then never seeing them again.

message 43: by Barb (new)

Barb | 667 comments I use digital sticky notes on my laptop to help me remember things I need to do online. I've tried several different versions, and have found Stickies to work best for me. You can even customize the font, color, size, etc.

message 44: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Sisko | 14 comments I have an indelible board on my kitchen door that I have my calendar on with everything I have to do color coded. I'd be lost without it.

message 45: by jaxnsmom (new)

Carolyn wrote: "I have an indelible board on my kitchen door that I have my calendar on with everything I have to do color coded. I'd be lost without it."

It took me a while to stop laughing, as your way makes a lot of sense but would involve me having to remember the task when I am standing in front of the calendar board. Otherwise I would never make it as far as the board before I got distracted - if I could force myself to get out of my comfy chair.

Barb - I'll have to look into Stickies.

message 46: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) | 140 comments Okay, I've obviously been under a rock. ....what book (s) are for January?

message 47: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2567 comments Mod
Penny wrote: "Okay, I've obviously been under a rock. ....what book (s) are for January?"

The January books were announced in msg 28 and are posted at the top of the group's main page as Currently Reading.

message 48: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Sisko | 14 comments ohh, I do Post Its too. The problem is that I have Post Its everywhere & I forget where I put them.

message 49: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments just a reminder for feb. picks.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 859 comments Becky wrote: "just a reminder for feb. picks."

Have they been made yet? I am trying to get my books ready for Feb!

« previous 1 3