Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Emmeline's Writing > Deleted

Comments Showing 1-50 of 427 (427 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Well if this'll be a trilogy, maybe a third person?

message 2: by em_panada (new)

em_panada I agree. Third person narration hands down. Let me spend a few minutes writing down this idea before I lose it....

message 3: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments No no no, I meant a third writer.

message 4: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Oh.

XP

I was way off track.

We can do a third writer. I don't care. We can ask Ruby. Do you still want to do third narration, or do you want first?

message 5: by em_panada (new)

em_panada One more thing-- before I actually write... what genre are we looking at?

'Cause I'm thinking fantasy, but I don't know if that's what you intended as well.

message 6: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Yeah, sorry about that xP

Third would be best to me.

message 7: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 2486 comments Mod
HI I'M HERE HI HI HI

...was that too excited? here -

Hello, yes, yes, heelo there, you callllllled? (that was with a British accent, btw)

message 8: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Why yes, we did!

message 9: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Ɛммα Aυgυѕт wrote: "One more thing-- before I actually write... what genre are we looking at?

'Cause I'm thinking fantasy, but I don't know if that's what you intended as well."

Oh sorry well probably fantasy, science fiction, yeah

message 10: by em_panada (last edited Nov 30, 2015 06:35AM) (new)

em_panada We might as well do fantasy. I think it's probably something up all our alleys. Now, moving on...

message 11: by em_panada (new)

em_panada For starters, I really want to stay away from what's kind of popular, e.g girl/boy meets fantasy world, girl/boy goes on grand quest in fantasy world, because I feel like sometimes they are overused. So what if we did something different with our world?

like Terry Pratchett's Discworld for an example? I'm not saying COPYING it piece by piece, but make a world with an interesting concept behind it.

I don't know if you want to do something different for the world. A big monolith or slab of rock in the center of the ocean with a city on it. Or if you actually do want to do something similar to Discworld where you have a variety of different animals on top of each other. OR if you guys are just honestly thinking to stick to usual fantasy worlds... (i.e variety of kingdoms, lots of forests... not to say that can't be put into our new world as well)

Tell me what you think, your ideas, etc.

(Oh and one time period do you guys think it should be in? Medieval? Victorian? Primeval?)

message 12: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Hmmm, yeah I definitely agree that we should try something new and not overused (well DUH, but you know what I mean), soooooooo.... hmmmmm

Hey - I had the idea a day or so ago, about a story that is like based off of Robin Hood, like how there are kajillions of those for Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc, - but I think Robin Hood would be cool and different, since it doesn't have that many adaptations (if that's the right word)

idk if you guys like that idea or no, but yeah. It's there.

message 13: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Yeah, definitely something different. I don't know what Discworld is, sorry. I'm not sure, we'll see what Ruby has to say. Maybe modern, or something more special. Like in the future, or just the past.

message 14: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Oh wow we both just posted!

message 15: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

XD that's cool

message 16: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Rubyfirewoods12=^.^= wrote: "Hmmm, yeah I definitely agree that we should try something new and not overused (well DUH, but you know what I mean), soooooooo.... hmmmmm

Hey - I had the idea a day or so ago, about a story that..."

^ I like this idea. Well, Robin Hood would definitely be the one in Thief of Stars, but we would have to change the others. Maybe we could do something like, Maiden of Day for Maid Marian, and maybe Keeper of Night for Guy of Gisbourne. Just an idea. And maybe they could all be childhood friends who went their separate ways. Do you guys have anything you want to change/add?

message 17: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Oh yayness XD

Yeah, Thief of Stars for Robin Hood, Maiden of Day sounds right for Maid Marian, since she isn't very night-like, and Keeper of Night - who is Guy of Gisbourne??

And the childhood friends sounds pretty good, too

message 18: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments You guys can do it if you really want, but I don't really want to do a whole Robin Hood thing. I'm fine with that for the thief, but I can somewhat see myself getting bored with Robin Hood as a topic for the series.

message 19: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Rubyfirewoods12=^.^= wrote: "Oh yayness XD

Yeah, Thief of Stars for Robin Hood, Maiden of Day sounds right for Maid Marian, since she isn't very night-like, and Keeper of Night - who is Guy of Gisbourne??

And the childhood f..."

*gasps* YOU DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS???
Jk

He's often portrayed as the villain because he's a sheriff. I'm surprised you haven't heard of him. Anyway, he basically opposes Robin, works for Prince John, etc.

message 20: by em_panada (last edited Dec 01, 2015 06:34PM) (new)

em_panada εℓℓą wrote: "You guys can do it if you really want, but I don't really want to do a whole Robin Hood thing. I'm fine with that for the thief, but I can somewhat see myself getting bored with Robin Hood as a t..."

I kind of agree. I don't want to go all out. I think we should use certain parts though, to the point where it could be considered loosely based. E.g like we could change the names, the time period, the monarchy, the theme, etc. Again, we could do something different. We're just brainstorming. If we just do this one for the Thief, what do you think we should do for the others?

message 21: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ɛммα Aυgυѕт wrote: "Rubyfirewoods12=^.^= wrote: "Oh yayness XD

Yeah, Thief of Stars for Robin Hood, Maiden of Day sounds right for Maid Marian, since she isn't very night-like, and Keeper of Night - who is Guy of Gis..."

ohhhhh rightrightright

message 22: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ɛммα Aυgυѕт wrote: "εℓℓą wrote: "You guys can do it if you really want, but I don't really want to do a whole Robin Hood thing. I'm fine with that for the thief, but I can somewhat see myself getting bored with Robin ..."

Hmm, yeah, I see where you guys are coming from...

message 23: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Rubyfirewoods12=^.^= wrote: "Ɛммα Aυgυѕт wrote: "εℓℓą wrote: "You guys can do it if you really want, but I don't really want to do a whole Robin Hood thing. I'm fine with that for the thief, but I can somewhat see myself getti..."

If it doesn't work out we can always do a separate collab, Ruby. :)

But what are your ideas, Ella?

message 24: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Sorry I tried typing for the past day like five times but never know what I'm talking about

But it could definitely be each person in the title as a fairy tale character, and then maybe they all come together with a big problem at the end. The princess could be someone like Rapunzel maybe, idk. The prince... idk, either. Tell me your thoughts.

message 25: by em_panada (new)

em_panada So something like the Lunar Chronicles (I've never read it but it sounds similar to what you're suggesting)? Where the protagonists group together to defeat the villain?

Hmmm...
Well if we do Robin Hood we should probably look at different legends (preferably ones from England). However I can't seem to find any good ones that strike my interest.

The only reservation I have against fairy tales is that there are so many that have been done. So I think we should definitely look for something out of the norm (as you both probably agree), but with the titles it's kind of hard (especially the Thief one) to choose a fairy tale.

I honestly just think we should try to stick away from that unless we are making our own. So here's something I thought of,

What if there are three children. The "Prince" is not "necessarily" a prince, but just someone who was found on the doorstep of an old woman wearing a orange-colored stone.

The "Maiden" was adopted by the antagonist as his daughter, born with a onyx stone. Meanwhile, the Thief was left at a boardinghouse with a diamond stone (the thief would be the oldest, seeing he would be just a toddler at this point).

(You can see where I'm going with this: boy is ruler of the day, girl is ruler of the night, thief is ruler of the stars)

Anyway, they then go on adventures finding out who they are, what their purpose is, etc. We can put them as gods, demi-gods, I don't care. Your thoughts over the general idea? Yes, no, maybe?

message 26: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I like!!

message 27: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

What if....ooooh what if the three stones each led to each character's actual parents, and they were each in turn rulers of the......nah, I feel like I've been reading too much Keeper of the Lost Cities... XD

message 28: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Yeah!!!

message 29: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv Bakshi (authorrajivbakshi) | 25 comments Give away of my Book : Journey from Guwahati to Machhiwara ends on Dec 7 , 2015 . Those who are on good reads please enter to read my Book on short stories
Rajiv Bakshi
Indian Author

message 30: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv Bakshi (authorrajivbakshi) | 25 comments Give away of my Book : Journey from Guwahati to Machhiwara ends on Dec 7 , 2015 . Those who are on good reads please enter to read my Book on short stories
Rajiv Bakshi
Indian Author

message 31: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv Bakshi
Indian Author

message 32: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv Bakshi
Indian Author

message 33: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv Bakshi
Indian Author

message 34: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Do you guys have any name preferences? I don't know, I think we should keep Prince (it just sounds like an adorable nickname), but what about the others?

message 35: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Do you mean for the titles? Or the characters?

message 36: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Characters. We can work on the titles later if you want.

message 37: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ah yes, Kay, here's what I got:

Maiden of Day:

- Amber
- Saffron
- Lyra
- Jasmine

Prince of Night:

- Airen/Aeron
- Roan/e
- Aslan
- Tyden

Thief of Stars:

- Fyn

I dunno, those are what I have. I sort of imagine this as in a fantasy world, but idk about you guys.

message 38: by em_panada (last edited Dec 09, 2015 05:44AM) (new)

em_panada (Wait--- so we switched things around? It's no longer Maiden of Night? *shrugs*t)

Well, I did like Lyra for the girl, but if she's going to be of the day I feel like her name shouldn't be so "dark" sounding. (Lyra just feels more like a night name, to me, than it does a light name). Amber, Saffron, and Jasmine-- although good names, I feel would be too airy. I kind of view her as fiery and blunt, rather than delicate.

I think Lene (or Lian/e), or Zelene are pretty interesting, Cira is also a good one. I don't know, that's just my opinion.

For the Prince, Aslan reminds me of Narnia. But I know that Airen/Aeron and Roan/e are popular in the fantasy genre (and I wouldn't mind doing Airen/Aeron). Tyden makes me think of the sea... but I think out of all of them I prefer Tyden the most.

For the thief, I actually like Fyn. I came across the name Orfeo (maybe short for Orpheus) that sounded interesting. Both are kind of sound clever and dastardly.

Your thoughts, Ella and Ruby?

message 39: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Oh! Sorry, guess I got it mixed up >.< we can do whichever, though, I don't really mind.

Mm, yeah, I see how 'Lyra' sounds more dark than light, and I actually like Cira or Lene

Tyden....good!

Yeah, I found Fyn and I was like YEP XD - Orfeo sounds good, too, though.....

Ella?

message 40: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

And I just read your edited first comment, with the three kid's short..idk, like bio's, but not - Love 'em!

message 41: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments I'm not good at any of this
Okay

And wasn't it always Maiden of Day?

So for the maiden/princess whatever we're doing, something kind of nice but slightly fierce sounding, like Emma said... Zelene sounds too evil like to me, sorry. I think I've been watching too much Once Upon a Time. Cira... that's okay, but maybe something like Ciara instead? Not necessarily that, but some kind of C name. Lianna for Lian/e. Whatever you want, really.

Prince: If you want me to be honest, I'm not so sure about Tyden. But definitely something cool sounding.m

And for the thief: how would Fyn be pronunced? (stupid question) Because, um, yeah... it's probably obvious (the pronunciation), but there's something funny about that name in my real life

message 42: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

In my head I pronounce it as 'fin'

message 43: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Yeah okay then

message 44: by em_panada (new)

em_panada For the Prince... Vesper? No...what about Aratus? Nickname him Ara or something. (Or just Ara)

I like Ciara and Lianne.

I'd pronounce it like you did. 'Fin'. I also like the name Seren.

message 45: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Rubyfirewoods12=^.^= wrote: "And I just read your edited first comment, with the three kid's short..idk, like bio's, but not - Love 'em!"

Thank you! I had fun with them!

message 46: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments You guys can just do Tyden. :)

Yeah, then we can do Fyn. It sounds somewhat thiefy like. Even though my dog's name is Finn xD

message 47: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

XD

Yayness!

So, we've got:

Prince: Tyden

Thief: Fyn

message 48: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

And for the Maiden of Day, I like Ciara...

message 49: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Me too

message 50: by em_panada (new)

em_panada Okay so how are we going to work this?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9