The Challenge Factory discussion

Restless (Finding Love #1)
This topic is about Restless
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi, JoAnne, Roxy the Fury, Nichole & Trea - Restless

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - added it

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5350 comments Mod
Ezi, Trea & Nichole - Restless

message 2: by Paris (new) - added it

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Ack. I hope you guys like it. I think this'll be the last time I stop in here.

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
When would we like to read this? I'm good for anytime after the first week in December.

message 4: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm pretty open. However, I'm extremely busy at work right now so don't be upset if I fall behind. I only signed up for a couple of Buddy Reads so it shouldn't be too bad.

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16154 comments Mod
Nichole wrote: "I'm pretty open. However, I'm extremely busy at work right now so don't be upset if I fall behind. I only signed up for a couple of Buddy Reads so it shouldn't be too bad."

Can we do this one towards the week of christmas?

message 6: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Nichole wrote: "I'm pretty open. However, I'm extremely busy at work right now so don't be upset if I fall behind. I only signed up for a couple of Buddy Reads so it shouldn't be too bad."

Can we do this one towards the week of christmas?"

Works for me...want to plan for a Dec 23 start?

message 7: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

ok. but I read slow

message 8: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "ok. but I read slow"

That's ok. I slacked off this month, so I may be slow too.

message 9: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

So, I started this last night, as my friend wound up forgetting about our meet up in view of how busy he and his wife were for the holiday. I wound up finishing it before I fell asleep last night, as it was a bit of a short read. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I felt that I was seeing very little interaction between the characters, as if they were just there for a scene. There was a lot of description, almost too much so for me, so it left little for me to imagine as I do when I read. I admire the dedication and bravery it took to publish a book, but this just wasn't a great fit for me.

message 10: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Trea wrote: "So, I started this last night, as my friend wound up forgetting about our meet up in view of how busy he and his wife were for the holiday. I wound up finishing it before I fell asleep last night, ..."

i've seen similar comments about needing more interaction between the MCs.
I am still trying to get myself together from the trip. I probably won't tackle this one until net month

message 11: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I won't be able to get to it until next week, at least. Trying to recover from the Holidays! Things should start slowing down for me the 2nd week of January. I hope you Ladies had a good Christmas and have the Best New Year yet!

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Nichole wrote: "I won't be able to get to it until next week, at least. Trying to recover from the Holidays! Things should start slowing down for me the 2nd week of January. I hope you Ladies had a good Christmas ..."

Nichole, can we move it to Jan 2016?

message 13: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Yep :)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments I'd like to participate as well. Any idea when we would start? I will then move the book to the top of my pile.

I've never done a buddy read before so not sure what it entails.

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I'd like to participate as well. Any idea when we would start? I will then move the book to the top of my pile.

I've never done a buddy read before so not sure what it entails."

We read and comment or share impressions of anything, quotes, chrareacter personalities, writing style.

I'd like to read in the middle, Jan 15-ish....is that ok?

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "JoAnne wrote: "I'd like to participate as well. Any idea when we would start? I will then move the book to the top of my pile.

I've never done a buddy read before so not sure what it entails."

We..."

That works for me. Thanks for including me!
I'm expanding my challenges this year to challenge me.

Happy New Year to all!

Roxy the Fury (roxythefury) | 38 comments I'll join in.

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments I feel honored - never been named in a challenge before!

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I feel honored - never been named in a challenge before!"

Lol.

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Do we start now or wait until the 15th?

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

15th

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Despicable Ezi wrote: "15th"

To clarify discussions start on the 15th or reading the book?
If discussions I'll start mine after work tomorrow.

The book I'm currently reading for a review has been slower going than I thought it would. Only 1/2 way through and I started it on Sunday night.

message 23: by JoAnne (last edited Jan 18, 2016 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Okay, I finished the book. Not sure how this works since this is my first time trying one. Here's my comments. I rated it a 3 but would have given it 3 1/2 if there were half stars for ratings. I also linked the review to here.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Comments:
There are enough characters for the series to continue which I like.

I wanted to give Savannah and Gabriel swift kicks to get their heads on straight. How he could treat her that way was unbelievable especially when it was manipulative Valerie getting in the way.

Didn't understand how Savannah didn't know she was pregnant if she was 7 or 8 weeks along.

Liked Fin more than I thought I would. She was definitely kickass!

Epilogue should have gotten a little deeper in my mind.

Roxy the Fury (roxythefury) | 38 comments Pinching myself so I don't say something!!! I can't say I'll be able to hold back with my status updates.

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Roxy the Fury wrote: "Pinching myself so I don't say something!!! I can't say I'll be able to hold back with my status updates."

??? Since I'm new to this type challenge I'm still trying to find my way. Did I say too much?

message 26: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Jan 18, 2016 04:44AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roxy, you can give status updates as you read it, that's fine. That's normally how a buddy read works!

JoAnne, you're fine, but you don't have to post your review to the buddy read thread if you don't want to. Just talk about what you thought of it!

message 27: by JoAnne (last edited Jan 18, 2016 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Trea wrote: "Roxy, you can give status updates as you read it, that's fine. That's normally how a buddy read works!

JoAnne, you're fine, but you don't have to post your review to the buddy read thread if you d..."

Okay - good to know. I had posted it on goodreads so just copied it. I now just posted the link. If someone is interested they can click on it to see my review. Saves space in my posting too.

Guess the point of this is to respond to comments made by others with our thoughts/feelings?

message 28: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

JoAnne wrote: "Okay - good to know. I had posted it on goodreads so just copied it.
Guess the point of this is to respond to comments made by others with our thoughts/feelings?"

Yes and to post those same thoughts yourself! Basically, the idea is to promote discussion of the book, with or without the use of discussion questions.

message 29: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm sorry! I was getting notifications and I've been really busy so I haven't started yet. I'm going to try and start it tomorrow night.

Roxy the Fury (roxythefury) | 38 comments Spoiler alert y'all. Just saying...

Okay so I finished the book yesterday. Halfway through THE scene, I had to put my iPad down. I had great hopes for this character. I mean come on, she single handedly started up three business', pretty soon four. So safe to say she was a confident, SMART lady right? Wrong. When the date from hell started ranting and all she could do was down another glass of wine? I. Put. The. iPad. Down. And. Walked. Away. I can't afford to buy another iPad. Lol I wanted to throw it across the wall. That set a pattern for the book. As for Gabriel, he THOUGHT about banging the ex. Actually thought about it. I wanted to like Savannah and Gabriel but I didn't get into them. I will say I was proud of Savannah when she finally stood up for herself. That was definitely a "you go girl" moment. I just wish there had been more of those moments in the book for me.

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2404 comments Yes, Savannah did a lot of downing of wine especially when the ex was around and due to lack of communication Sav and Gabriel saw different things where she was concerned.
Fin came to the rescue just in time when that THOUGHT hit!