Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > There are two author pages for me

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Papandrea | 15 comments I've just realized that there are two author pages for me. My name is James L. Papandrea - but there is also a page for my name without the period after my middle initial. My latest book is listed only under the latter with two other books. But the one with the period has all my other books, just not my latest book. Two books appear to be on both lists, though I don't understand how that's possible. How can we fix this? Thanks!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20002 comments Moved the books to your profile.
Usually this happens when Goodreads imports books from Amazon or other sources.

message 3: by James (new)

James Papandrea | 15 comments Thanks!!

message 4: by James (new)

James Papandrea | 15 comments One more question - I noticed that when I search for my book, "Handed Down" it doesn't come up in the list, but a bunch of books called "Hand Me Down" or something like that come up. I wonder why the only book with the exact title I'm searching for doesn't come up at the top of the search list? Thanks!

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20002 comments This is nothing librarians can help you with.
There have been complaints about the search before. There are threads in the Feedback Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 6: by James (new)

James Papandrea | 15 comments OK, as long as the right people know about it - thanks!

JP

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Robert, all fixed.