My Sibling The Mythical Being! discussion

Sister the Vampire NON-Spoiler > Fangs for the Memories (MSTV #18)

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie, The Joker (last edited Mar 30, 2016 07:19AM) (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments **This is a NON-Spoiler thread, so please do not spoil the 18th MSTV book here. Be warned however that there are spoilers for the first 17 books below. If you haven't read the first 17 books yet then you have been warned.**

This is the place to discuss your theories and expectations for the 18th My Sister the Vampire book.

Here is the description we got at the end of Spooktacular!:
Look out for Ivy and Olivia's 18th fangtabulous adventure! Coming in 2016!

Jackson's getting suspicious. He know that there's something weird going on and he wants answers. So Olivia must make a big decision. Keep her boyfriend in the dark, where it's safe and risk losing him for good...or reveal the truth?

Only a dozen humans, including Olivia, know the vampires' Blood Secret. Will Jackson even want to become Lucky Thirteen? And is he capable of passing the Three Trials, to prove that he can keep the secret? If Jackson fails, his memory will be erased. He will never remember his time in Franklin Grove. And he will never remember Olivia...

This is the thread for discussing MSTV 18 before you read it. Please do not spoil this book here, we will have a spoiler-y discussion thread up when the book is released.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments This book does not currently have a name. I will update the discussion title when it's announced.

message 3: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments So I know we're all excited about Jackson finding out in this book, but there's always the slight chance he might not (I know - noooooooo). What do you guys think the chances are of him finding out vs. Olivia covering it up with something? I'm thinking 90% he'll find out, 10% he won't. It's pretty heavily hinted that he will find out in the synopsis, but then again a lot of human characters in the series have come close to finding out and they never have. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I RRREEEAAALLLLYYYY want him to discover vampires!!!

message 4: by Sophie, The Joker (last edited Jan 11, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments It would be suuuuper sad if he failed the tests and had his memory wiped. Even though I'm not Jackson's biggest fan that would just be awful. Poor Olivia! She'd still have to see him in all the magazines and on TV and such. Thinking about it, how would that even work. Every one of Jackson's fans would know they'd dated but Jackson wouldn't remember. The vamps don't have the power to make everyone forget... do they?

message 5: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Whoa, I'd never even thought that he might FAIL! I just thought Olivia would find a way not to tell him! I have no idea what they would do if he had his memory wiped. I guess maybe he could pretend it had all been an attention-seeking media story, though his fans would be super annoyed and it'd probably ruin his career. Plus, as you said, poor Olivia! I don't think Sienna Mercer would be mean enough to make us read that, so that theory's out (hopefully, anyway!).

message 6: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments If Jackson does find out, do you think it would make it more likely or less likely that Camilla will find out sometime in the future as well?

message 7: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Well, I don't know how it would make it less likely that she would find out, but to be honest I don't think it'll make it more likely either. I can't see Camilla finding out any time soon, because they can't go telling everyone they know and I think it's good for Olivia to have a human friend who doesn't know anything about all of that and stuff. I'll bet she'd love to know though because she's into aliens and all that so I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I do think it will make it more likely that Olivia's parents will find out, however. She can't really tell her boyfriend and not her parents so I think it's a definite possibility they'll find out too. On the other had, they might just tell people when they're actually a threat to the secret and I doubt the Abbotts would get suspicious of Olivia and Ivy really. D'you reckon they'll be finding out soon?

Also, I was thinking, if Jackson does find out, how do you think the vamp community will react? I think I remember in Take Two (MSTV #5) when Ivy was checking if Jackson was a vampire, all she could find was him on a list of most bite-able humans. He must not be all that popular then, so do you think he'll have a harder time than Olivia getting everyone to agree he's worthy of the secret? Maybe it'll start an uprising or something because the vamps don't want him to know! There's so much Sienna Mercer could do with this!!!

message 8: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments The reason I was thinking that it might make it less likely for Camilla to find out if Jackson does was exactly what you said 'they can't go telling everyone they know'. I still hope she finds out though!

I've never thought about Olivia's parents finding out. I don't think they would take it as well as Camilla would. Saying that, Camilla has probably read a lot of books where vamps appear as the villain so she might have lots of theories about what vampires are like. It's possible that Olivia's parents might find out soon. I doubt they'd notice anything but Olivia might decide that she should tell them if Jackson knows. If you're going to tell them that vampires exist it would probably be better to do it sooner rather than later!

Olivia knowing the Blood Secret might be causing the vampires to reflect on their traditional ways and become more lenient about certain other people finding out. You never know!

This might sound weird but being on the list of most bite-able humans might not mean he's unpopular. It might mean that people think he'd taste good. I don't think Jackson would be happy about it either way.

I don't think they'd let the wider community know that Jackson knows the blood secret. Thinking about it, why did they even tell everyone that Olivia knows?

message 9: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments I think Camilla would be accepting of vamps because she knows Ivy, Sophia and Brendan so well. She'd probably think it's cool because it makes the possibility of aliens more likely. :P She might be mad that they'd never told her before though, thinking about it.

I agree I don't think Olivia's parents are on the verge of discovering the secret themselves or anything but I just think that's really messed up to tell your boyfriend and not your parents!

LOL the vamps think Jackson would taste good! That's a theory I guess! I actually just reread Take Two (MSTV #5) to read up on what Ivy was thinking when she thought Jackson was a vamp and this is the quote that's mentioned in:

Ivy scanned the screen but the search results didn't list any hints of possible vampness - only sites like 'Top 50 Bite-able Humans', which put Jackson at number four, and 'Vampires for Jackson for President'.

Next to the president thing you could be right actually that it's a positive thing. I don't know, I think it could be either.

They didn't tell everyone about Olivia - when her and Ivy broke into ASHH agencies ASHH kind of guessed she knew and came over to their house. Given what it said about Jackson having what it takes to pass the tests in the teaser at the end of Spooktacular, I think that if he does find out he will have to do them. I guess as he's a celebrity it's more of a big deal that he knows. I'm guessing Vamp magazine would want to a big article on him and such so from that the officials would no doubt guess.

message 10: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments She could take it either way really.

Can you imagine Jackson as president!? Haha.

ASHH told everyone though, didn't they? If not how did VAMP magazine find out? I'm confused. Oh yes Georgia Huntingdon would definitely want to do an article about Jackson.

message 11: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Omg I didn't think about that - Jackson as president would be hilarious!

I might be getting this wrong but I think Vamp magazine did the article before ASHH came. I think both events took place in Revamped (MSTV #3) but Georgia's article was first, and that was one of the things that made ASHH suspicious? They didn't have proof that Olivia knew though because Georgia didn't even know she knew... wow this is getting complicated. I think most of the vamp community found out when Ivy and Olivia started being in all the papers - particularly Vamp magazine. Remember that thing with that Vera girl who didn't approve? That was in Revamped. I guess ASHH were just slow on the uptake or something.

Ooh, I hope there's an interview with Georgia at the back of the book like there has been before, but this time with Jackson in it. That would be soooo good!

message 12: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments I'm going to re-read Revamped and check. I've been wanting to re-read a Sienna Mercer book and now I have the perfect excuse!

That would be amazing!

message 13: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Cool, you'll have to let me know how it all happens. I literally just reread that book and I still can't remember!

message 14: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments I finished Revamped earlier and I have to say, it did not answer my question as to how everyone found out that Olivia knew the Blood Secret.

In Revamped a few people realise that Olivia knows as follows:

Brendan's parents and his little sister, Bethany, find out when Bethany accidentally mentions vampires in front of Olivia. She is so upset thinking she has spilled the Blood Secret to a human but Olivia just tells them all that she already knows.

ASHH guess when they catch Ivy and Olivia breaking into their offices on the security cameras.

Ivy and Olivia do appear in a VAMP magazine in Revamped but Georgia Huntington does not know that Olivia knows about vampires yet and does the article under the cover that it's appearing in a magazine aimed at the goth community.

So after re-reading Revamped I'm still left wondering how Georgia Huntington and the wider vampire community at large found out about Olivia's knowledge of vampires. I wonder whether that comes up in Vampalicious! or if it only comes up later. What do you think?

message 15: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Well, I'm pretty sure Georgia wasn't in it again until Love Bites (MSTV #6). She did an article then about vampires and humans being friends so she definitely knew that Olivia knew. My guess is that she found out when Olivia passed the Blood Test then did a small article in Vamp magazine, but it just wasn't mentioned in the books.

message 16: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Hmmm. I'm not too sure, maybe it wasn't mentioned but I feel like Sienna Mercer would mention it.

My quest begins to find out where, when and how Georgia found out that Olivia knew the blood secret!

message 17: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Haha, good luck on your quest! :D

message 18: by Simmi (new)

Simmi | 5 comments I am new here and I am in love with these books! Jackson and Olivia are one of my fav!

Enjoying reading this thread, I don't know if Jackson will find out but I hope he does and also passes the tests

My theory: (unlikely but just came to mind)

What if Jackson is already part of the dozen humans that know about the vampire secret and is testing Olivia to see if she trusts him enough to tell him?!

Would be interesting but highly unlikely! Can't wait for this book to come out!

message 19: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Welcome Simmi! It's awesome to have you here! :D

Your theory is one I haven't thought about at all. There's always the possibility that Jackson already knows (though I think it's a small one). I don't think Jackson would want to lie to Olivia like that. If it turns out he did know I don't think Olivia would really be able to trust him again. Unless he didn't know that she knew as well. That would be interesting. They both knew the blood secret this whole time and neither of them knew the other one knew it. That's a little confusing, lol.

I'm sooo excited for this book. It will definitely be our group read for the month after it comes out (or sometime around then) so anyone who wants to can read and discuss it together. HYPE!

message 20: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Simmi wrote: "I am new here and I am in love with these books! Jackson and Olivia are one of my fav!

Enjoying reading this thread, I don't know if Jackson will find out but I hope he does and also passes the t..."

Hi Simmi! Welcome to the group! Wow, I LOVE that theory! That would be so interesting if it did turn out Jackson had known all along. I agree with Sophie that it would be pretty mean of him, but I can see Olivia forgiving him for it, when you think about the times that he's kept something from her before and she's forgiven him. For example when he secretly came to the ball in Love Bites (MSTV #6) and when he surprised her by coming to the school dance in Stake Out (MSTV #12). I know those things are different because he did them as a nice surprise for Olivia, but it still makes me think she'd overlook him lying to her in the past as long as he's being honest with her now.

Maybe it would be more likely that when the gang was acting suspicious in Spooktacular (MSTV #17), he did some research, found out about vampires, and then, like you said Simmi, hid it from Olivia to see how much she trusted him. Then it's not so bad because he wouldn't have lied to her for like ten books or something.

I like your idea Sophie, that Jackson has known but didn't know Olivia knew. I can imagine that turning into a really funny scene with them both realising that the other knew all along. However I think if Jackson did know the secret he probably would have seen Olivia in Vamp magazine and stuff, or would at least know that Ivy and Charles are vampires and guessed that Ivy has told Olivia from that. It's a cool theory though.

message 21: by Simmi (new)

Simmi | 5 comments Thanks Sophie and Daisy for the warm welcome! :)

Yeah, it would be weird for Jackson to have lied for so many books to Olivia - I know this theory is a minor possibility but I'm sure whatever happens will be mind blowing!

And yes it would be great to read and discuss the book as a group!

message 22: by Simmi (new)

Simmi | 5 comments When do you think this book will be out? Any title given or release date? I'm so excited!

message 23: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Daisy wrote: "However I think if Jackson did know the secret he probably would have seen Olivia in Vamp magazine and stuff, or would at least know that Ivy and Charles are vampires and guessed that Ivy has told Olivia from that. It's a cool theory though. "

I guess so, unless he wasn't integrated into the community he just worked out something was weird.

Simmi wrote: "When do you think this book will be out? Any title given or release date? I'm so excited!"

No title or release date yet but I'm guessing it will the second half of this year. We almost certainly know if will be this year (unless it gets pushed back for any reason) as it said 'Coming in 2016' in the back of Spooktacular.

message 24: by Simmi (new)

Simmi | 5 comments Okay thanks, a title release would help us maybe guess what could happen in the book - any other theories?

message 25: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments A title would definitely be helpful for our theorizing! Hopefully they'll release one soon.

I was wondering about what might happen to Ivy in this book. I think Jackson finding out the secret will be the main storyline, so do you think Ivy will be involved in that? I hope her and Olivia (and maybe Brendan?) will take Jackson on a tour of some of the vamp establishments around town, like Ivy and Sophia did for Olivia, because it's been so long since that happened! I'm sure there's still cool things to learn about the vamp world so that'd be really interesting.

Hey, maybe while they're on the tour Ivy could spot something out of the ordinary then she starts investigating that. If not I think she'll probably be involved in the Jackson thing in some other way. Maybe there could be some kind of misunderstanding with the tests that the twins have to solve at the last minute or something? That would be classic MSTV, haha.

message 26: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Ooh, more vamp world knowledge would be awesome. I'm sure there will be something for Ivy to investigate! I'd like to see Brendan and Jackson interacting a bit more as well because that's always cute.

Sophie wrote: My quest begins to find out where, when and how Georgia found out that Olivia knew the blood secret!"

I finished Vampalicious earlier, I think I completed my quest by page 2. Sophia said to Ivy...
"You must be seriously excited that Olivia knowing about vampires isn't a secret any more. It's all over the Vorld Vide Veb."
That's not much information to go on so we can only assume that ASHH released the information about Olivia passing the blood test. It is a big deal - wasn't she the first human to do it in years? Or some reporter found out about it and it got out that way. Either way I still want to find the part where Olivia or Ivy see Georgia Huntington for the first time after Olivia passes the tests. I must re-read Love Bites if you reckon she comes back then!

message 27: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Yesss, Brendan and Jackson interaction would be awesome! I love it when they joke with eachother and stuff, so would definitely like to see more of that in this book.

Lol, sounds like a rollercoaster of a quest. ;) I think you're right about ASHH releasing the info. Nice to know that Sienna Mercer explained that though.

message 28: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Guuuuyyyyyys!! It's halfway through the summer now and still no sign of the 18th book being announced! I can't wait much longer to see if Jackson will find out! Let's share the pain of waiting together, haha.

message 29: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments OK, I actually just checked in Spooktacular and it actually just say 'Coming in 2016' not 'Coming in Summer 2016' like I thought it did for some reason. So all hope is not yet lost...

message 30: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh *excited cheer-leader squeal* yaaaaaaaahh. That's all I have to say... *slowly backs away grinning like a maniac*

message 31: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments ... I don't even know what to say to that! Backing away grinning like a maniac pretty much sums up my excitement about this too! I'm so going to do that when I get my hands on the book! :D

message 32: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments I'm very confused right now. I think (yaaaaay!) that the 18th My Sister the Vampire book was released on 8th September 2016. The title is Fangs for the Memories, which is where the confusion begins. That is the American title for the 13th book a.k.a Double Disaster.

Here is the cover (for the 18th book) according to Amazon and Fantastic Fiction:
https://www.goodreads.com/photo/group...

Here is the Amazon page for the 18th book:
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fangs-Memori...
US - https://www.amazon.com/Fangs-Memories...

Here is the Fantastic Fiction page for Sienna Mercer (note that in the collage of MSTV covers the cover for Fangs for the Memories appears twice in the 13th and the 18th spot - what's up with that??):
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/m/si...

When I put the ISBN from the 18th MSTV book Amazon page into Goodreads it brings up an edition of the 13th MSTV book. I think someone has added that by mistake after seeing the cover thinking it's an alternate cover for the 13th (which it could be but I'm pretty sure it's not).

Here is the 18th book description from Amazon...
Things are going great for Olivia Abbott and her boyfriend Jackson, except for the huge secret she's been keeping from him ... there are vampires in Franklin Grove and Olivia's twin sister Ivy is one!

Olivia knows she must tell Jackson the truth, but the vampire officials say that Jackson must pass three trials if he is going to be trusted with the secret. And, as Olivia knows, these tests are not easy ... they are bloodcurlingly difficult! Will Jackson prove himself worthy or is this the final nail in the coffin?

And speaking of secrets, Ivy is developing a strange new power ... the inhabitants of Franklin Grove had better watch out!

These kinds of situations only happen in My Sister the Vampire.

A vampire book for girls who want to read about young love and innocent paranormal romance. Ideal for fans of Jacqueline Wilson, Meg Cabot, and Zoe (Zoella) Sugg.

That's sounds epic! I guess the mystery will be solved soon because I've ordered the book and when it arrives I'll be able to whether I've messed up and ordered an alternate cover for the 13th book or whether it really is the 18th book. I'M SO EXCITED! I'm so glad I have you guys to discuss this with!

message 33: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments PS. I am a Goodreads librarian so when we work this out I will add the 18th book to Goodreads and sort out any editions of the 13th book that are wrong.

message 34: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Wow, this is pretty confusing! But OMG I am SO excited!

I don't know what's up with the double title. At least the edition I own is called Double Disaster so I won't mix them up! Coincidentally, we were actually just talking about Fangs for the Memories as a title for the 13th book in the Double Disaster spoiler thread, and we were thinking it might be a play on 'Thanks for the Memories'. That does not sound good for Jackson finding out about vampires!! It sounds like Olivia and Jackson might break up!! Guys I'm kinda freaking out about this!!!

The new synopsis sounds great though - I feel like it's now strongly implying Jackson will find out and will have to take the Blood Tests, so that's good to hear. I wouldn't really say they are bloodcurlingly difficult though... more like pretty easy, lol. Still, I'm really really excited to see more Blood Tests and how they're portrayed differently this time.

And can we please talk about this new power thing Ivy's got going on?! We've never heard anything about this before and it sounds incredible! Ivy definitely needed a big storyline to compare with this huge one Olivia's obviously got going on - and this sounds like exactly that! I'm always intrigued to see more of the vamp world and how they're different to humans so I literally CANNOT WAIT.

Also, let's talk cover! What do you guys think of it? I think Ivy looks amazing - her whole outfit and everything is just so cool! Slightly grumpy haha but that's typical of her. Olivia I don't love so much... especially her pout just makes her look kinda stuck-up in my opinion. Still, really liking this cover - first time for a good few books I've liked Ivy's look more than Olivia's.

OK, I think that's all my thoughts on all this craziness. Kinda went a bit exclamation mark crazy... but I am so freaking excited for this book!!! Would love to hear what you guys are thinking about all this - let's chat!

message 35: by Sophie, The Joker (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Oh my gosh noooo, I know I used to hate Jackson (there is evidence hiding around this group haha) and I'm still not his biggest fan but him and Olivia are cute together and she really likes him and if they break up that will be really sad for her!

The cover is really nice, I like the red colour again. Ivy and Olivia look very cool although Ivy's right (left to us) foot looks weirdly twisted. I don't know what's going on with that.

I won't say anything else about my theories on the plot as I've actually start this book (yaaaaaaaaas!) and am almost halfway through.

message 36: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Yeah, I love the red colour too. Whoa, did not see Ivy's mutated foot before you pointed it out! Didn't she have something similar going on on an earlier cover? Oh yeah, I remember, on the Fashion Frightmare (MSTV #16) cover we talked about how her feet were insanely small - literally as big as her eyes!

Also, I've just noticed Ivy's holding that guitar with one hand and there's no strap - how?! That's either a really light guitar or she's like inhumanly strong. :P

message 37: by Sophie, The Joker (last edited Oct 02, 2016 04:58AM) (new)

Sophie | 1253 comments Haha, I forgot about that.

Vampires do have extra strong strength (lol) don't they? It's one of their many powers (along with fast healing, super hearing etc.) I think.

message 38: by Daisy, The Brains (new)

Daisy | 1399 comments Ohhh yeah forgot about the super strength thing. That explains it.