eReader discussion

Ebooks - access on Blackberry????

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lg (new)

Lg | 1 comments Hi -

I have a simple goal - that I could use some help with.... I would like to access books on my mobile (I have a blackberry curve). My intent is to avoid paying for a Charles Dickens novel, for example, when I can download it to my computer via .pdf reading it on Adobe Acrobat, for free!

If, for example, I access MobiPocket I have the option of buying a book that I can read on my mobile. OR I can subscribe to an RSS via DailyLit BUT it is not a whole book!

How can I, for ex., go to Gutenburg (sp) and download the files for a book, and then read it surreptiously during meetings?????

Any feedback welcome!

lg

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka MobiPocket can convert PDFs to Mobi files. Just drag the PDF to your (opened) MobiPocket on your desktop.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk You should be able to download or import .txt or .doc files and read them on the Document reader that comes with the "Crackberry."

That's what I've been doing, anyway.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 8 comments There are many formats you can use for you Blackberry. I liked Mobipocket better than adobe palm (I have a palm centro), so ask around. Mobipocket let me adjust the font size and make it bold if I wanted, adobe palm did not. So, best to see what features are available before you choose. You can always change it though =)

message 5: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk Kindle for Blackberry is in development, and hopefully will be ready for release soon!

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam | 8 comments Oh boy, thats great!

message 7: by stormhawk (last edited Feb 18, 2010 08:55AM) (new)

stormhawk Kindle for Blackberry released today.

Just go to amazon.com for download instructions. It was on the mainpage for me.

or enter amazon.com/kindlebb into your Blackberry browser.

message 8: by BookAddict (new)

BookAddict (bookaddictgirrl) Kindle for BlackBerry doesn't support the Curve 8530 and I've heard there are some problems with the older Curve as well. The best/easiest option for OTA eBooks is www.feedbooks.com that offers multiple formats for all of their public domain books and has a mobile delivery as well as non-mobile delivery of books. I use it all the time - they actually have an interface that works with the Kindle's wireless feature so I don't have to pay the email charge but that's not for this forum -- sorry, I digressed.

Really, Feedbooks is the best - I have all the classics and there are new public domain books on the site every day.

message 9: by Pam (new)

Pam | 8 comments Thanks Cheryl, I appreciate the information. But are you saying I can download Kindle books for any phone? or other device using this website? Because that would be great. Please let me know if thats correct.

Thanks, Pam

message 10: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk There is a version of the Mobipocket reader for Blackberry as well. I used that before the Kindle App for Blackberry was released.