Imagination Station discussion

Writing Inspiration > What Inspired You To Write

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard | 362 comments Mod
What do you guys find Inspiration to write from?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Books

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thoughts

message 4: by TessaMarie (new)

Life in General

Skye~just Skye~ | 45 comments Well what first inspired me to write was nature. when I was 8 or 9. I never finished that book, and since then I have started writing about 27 books, and I have only finished one. :P

message 6: by TessaMarie (new)

Well aren't you an over acheiver, with commiment Problems. Congrats on finishing the one though. What is it about?

message 7: by TessaMarie (new)

Also Nature is very inspirational, I often find myself gaining ideas just by watching the stars.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I am writing short stories just based on my thoughts and what cannot happen but would be cool if it did.

message 9: by TessaMarie (new)

I always go out intending to write a short Story, but end up just with the beginning of a novel. I Need to learn to condense my thoughts.

message 10: by Skye~just Skye~ (new)

Skye~just Skye~ | 45 comments Thanks:) The one I finished was about a 4 year old princess that was kidnapped, and how she escaped. The way I wrote it was to make it seem like you are reading in her journal. And I love nature. I started writing one about a girl who could turn into a phoenix. The birds inspired that one.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

My novel I am working on is just a bunch of my failed short stories combined.

message 12: by TessaMarie (last edited Nov 28, 2015 02:45PM) (new)

Thats sweet Skye, if you ever get published let me know

message 13: by TessaMarie (new)

I love short Story collecions

message 14: by Skye~just Skye~ (new)

Skye~just Skye~ | 45 comments Ok. It was really hard to do, so I really hope it does get published, because I spent so many days working on it, and when my friends wanted me to hang out with them, I would tell them that I was writing a book and I couldn't. but they stayed my friends, and helped me. and the that made me feel really happy, because I kinda thought that they would hate me forever. ((I am very dramatic as well as an author, pianist, and song writer :P))

message 15: by TessaMarie (new)

Well it'll be worth it one day, but hey when your famous remember me.

message 16: by Skye~just Skye~ (new)

Skye~just Skye~ | 45 comments Ok. I will. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Movies: Avengers 1&2 and Thor 2.
Songs: TOO MANY.
Places: Mountains, Forests, and GhostTowns.
Characters: Asgardians, Avengers, Jotuns, Dark Elves.
Quotes: TOO MANY.

message 18: by TessaMarie (new)

I get inspired by everything, sometimes I feel like None of my writing is original because ist all based on some part of my real life.

message 19: by TessaMarie (new)

I love drunk people

message 20: by Lee-Anne (new)

Lee-Anne There's a story I really want to tell, I just hope I can do it justice.

message 21: by TessaMarie (new)

Just write what you feel in your heart Needs to be written, and the Story will do the rest.

message 22: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Reading great stories inspired me to write because it made me want to attempt to write good stories.

message 23: by TessaMarie (new)

Sarah wrote: "Reading great stories inspired me to write because it made me want to attempt to write good stories."

I agree

message 24: by Craig (new)

Craig Munro Reading is a big one for me too, but travelling or just exploring new places even if they aren't far away is what inspires me the most.

message 25: by J. (new)

J. Devau (imightbethathumanyouknow) | 16 comments Anything honestly. It can be a moment, an emotion, artwork (What Theory of the Atheist was born from), music (How I do my weekly writing exercises), or even an expression on a stranger's face.