Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Red Moon and Black Mountain: The End of the House of Kendreth
This topic is about Red Moon and Black Mountain
Book Cover Help > Request to add book cover image and update details

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments The request concerns this edition of Red Moon and Black Mountain by Joy Chant: 0 04 823083 6
This is the original publication by George Allen & Unwin Ltd in 1970 rather than the Ballantine one a year later that displays as the main edition for this book.

Page count is actually 277
Hardback

I have uploaded 2 cover images from my copy - the full wrapround dustjacket and the front cover as a cropped image.
Full dustjacket - https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...
Front cover only - https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...
Thanks

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Done. Amazon agrees on info.

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Thanks Abcdarian.

Just struck me something I was asked to do when adding details before, do you need the blurb off the dustjacket fold? Can type it in if you do.

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Nov 28, 2015 12:01PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments We don't strictly speaking need it, but it's very nice to have. We'd certainly add it, thanks.

message 5: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Kedrinh, the Starlit Land, is threatened by the Powers of Darkness; for Fendarl, fallen Enchanter of the Star Magic and banished Lord of Black Mountain, has in his long exile grown strong enough to challenge the rule of Kiron and the Starborn. His power waxes with the Red Moon, and nowhere in the whole land is there a champion who can stand against him, for the Necromancer bears a charmed life ....
Oliver, Nicholas and Penelope Powell are taken from their own world and drawn into this conflict. Nicholas and Penelope are found on Black Mountain itself by some of the Harani, Princes of Kedrinh; but even these cannot protect them as the White Moon wanes. Penelope, with the Princess In'serinna, is taken captive by Fendarl's servants, while Nicholas is forced to flee alone into the wastes of an alien world.
Among the Khentorei, the wandering plainsmen, and drawn closer and closer into their life, Oliver seems far from the danger; but as war gathers and breaks it becomes plain that it is not so, and not for nothing is he called Tuvoi - Chosen One.
Each has a part to play in the defence of Kedrinh; but on Oliver the chief burden falls, as one battle presages a greater, and time draws on to the Night of the Red Moon. Yet even that is not the end; Oliver learns that victory does not always come with conquest, and something more is necessary, before the Starlit Land is finally safe...

Jacket illustration by Tony Raymond (Saxon Artists Limited).

message 6: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments There was a para after the blurb and before the jacket attribution, but I left that off as it was about what Joy Chant was doing at the time in present tense which isn't likely to be the case now:

"Joy Chant is a children's librarian at present studying at the Colledge of Librarianship in Wales."

Thanks Abcdarian.

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Description added.

message 8: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Many thanks Abcdarian.