Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Inimă atît de albă
This topic is about Inimă atît de albă
Book Issues > add edition description inima...

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olea | 188 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
For the above book edition, please add the following description, from the back cover of the Romanian version, thanks:

Tema dragostei si a casniciei amestecata savant cu descoperirea misterelor trecutului familiei fac din acest roman un bestseller de marca.
"Un roman uimitor, scris cu tot geniul, tot umorul si toata nostalgia pe care ni le-am putea dori."(Times Literary Supplement)
"Un scriitor magnific inzestrat... Aventurile inteligentei si ale ideilor sint la fel de pasionante, de atragatoare, de dramatice ca si sentimentele si actiunea... Javier Marías exprima in modul cel mai spectaculos tendintele europene ale noii literaturi spaniole."(Le Monde)
"Precisa si sinuoasa, senzuala si subtila, din stirpea lui James si Proust, fraza lui Javier Marías fascineaza cititorul cu elegantele sale arabescuri."(Le Figaro Littéraire)

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13732 comments Wouldn't it be better to leave the description already there? Only the first sentence of the description you gave can be used. Reviews and praise should not be added.

Olea | 188 comments The description already there is taken from another Romanian edition, that is this one

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

which leads to confusions. But I see the point about reviews and praises. So, let's stick only to the first phrase to mark better the differentiation between editions.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13732 comments Replaced description.

However, it doesn't matter if more editions have the same description, as long as it is in the correct language and does not contain any edition-specific information.

GR has even instituted a so-called 'default description'. One edition is designated the default and all editions without description will get that same description, no matter if it's correct for those editions or not (needless to say, I hate it).

Olea | 188 comments :)
Got it (about "default description"); I will be less concerned about them, from now on. And I understand your feeling; me too, I think there should be at least an edition description per language the book was translated to (was not the case here, indeed, being 2 Romanian versions, only 10 years difference in publishing).