Historical Fictionistas discussion

Recommendations? > Which Book Should I Read Next?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Hello everyone! Recently I've had a streak of good books that I've read, but now I'm really conflicted about what to read next ... not all of them are historical fiction, but I thought that you'd be able to help me anyway :)

Here are my options, in no particular order-

Paris by Edward Rutherford (I already read New York)
Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn
The Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John Le Carré (I tried Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but couldn't get through it...)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffinegger
Six Walks in the Fictional Woods by Umberto Eco (I've read The Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum)
Confessions of an Italian by Ippolito Nievo
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (I read The Secret History)

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well!

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Woodland | 74 comments A fast easy read for me was Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8) by Vince Flynn Consent to kill - loved all of his books

message 3: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberlibri) I just finished The Goldfinch and The Secret History and (please don't hurt me anyone) I enjoyed the Secret History a ton more. I suggest you read The Time Traveler's Wife...Just an excellent book.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Personally I loved the Secret History, Kimber! One of my friends is reading the Goldfinch but she hasn't yet read any of Donna Tartt's other books so she wouldn't know how to compare ...

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 598 comments The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is a classic, very well written. We’re not really helping you find consensus, are we?

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane | 183 comments One I just read that I recommend highly: Company of Liars