Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Where Did You Get That Bitch?: The Basic Grammar They've Stopped Teaching You
This topic is about Where Did You Get That Bitch?
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > Please add this book to my profile

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Keller | 6 comments Many thanks!

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Nov 27, 2015 09:42AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Added the extra spaces to move the book to your profile (John M.^^^Keller). Also added cover from Amazon, after which the title seemed much friendlier. :-)

Also moved an edition of A Bald Man With No Hair and 2 short stories.

message 3: by John (new)

John Keller | 6 comments That's quite nice of you, Abcdarian! My next question was going to be precisely this, how to add the cover. Thank you!

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:17AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I've made the single-space profile (John M.^Keller) available. I'm not sure if you can change your profile name to this yourself or if it needs a super, but it would make things simpler for you if you wish. Your books would automatically go to the right place. The other same-name author's books are fairly old, and few.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13563 comments If the John M.^Keller profile is completely gone (couldn't find it under similar names), John should be able to change to it. Otherwise it can only be done by staff.

message 6: by Abcdarian (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:33AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Yep; I moved the single-space guy to the 2-space, which was empty. That's good then, he should be able to make the change, if he notices these posts.

message 7: by John (new)

John Keller | 6 comments I really appreciate the help you've both given me. I changed my profile name to John M. Keller, adding my middle initial. I couldn't really understand what was meant by the "^" symbol (or even several of these). I had wondered why the books just didn't automatically go here, and figured it had to do with another John M. Keller, of "Motivational Design" fame...It looks like it's all in order now, thanks to your help(?)!!!

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Sorry, I should have been more clear.The ^ symbol represents a space. At the moment there are extra spaces in your profile name, 3 spaces between M. and Keller, instead of the "normal" 1 space. You should be able to edit your name to remove the extra spaces.

Books that come in by automatic import, from Amazon or wherever, always go to the single spaced profile, but Goodreads inserts extra spaces to differentiate same name authors, which is why that book was not on your profile earlier. If you change your profile name, it will automatically change on all your books to match. There is no one using the single space profile since I moved the Motivational Design author.

Probably too much information. :-)

message 9: by John (last edited Nov 27, 2015 02:03PM) (new)

John Keller | 6 comments No, that's great! Thanks for all of the info. That's incredible of you to offer such detail. So: I've edited my profile. After my middle initial, there weren't any spaces, so I added one. I then went back to check it, and the space (the SINGLE space) was still there, fortunately. Has this resolved the issue? I'm not entirely sure how to check it. Again, thanks for all of your help, and I hope this has brought this issue to a close, to spare you your future helpfulness!

message 10: by Bea (last edited Nov 27, 2015 02:49PM) (new)

Bea John, I just checked and found that this John M. Keller is listed as John M.^^^^Keller. If this is you (as I suspect), the librarians cannot correct this since you are a GR Author.

To change your profile to John M.^Keller, you would need to "edit" your profile. When you get to the edit page, you will see your name with spaces after the initial's period. You will need to change the number of spaces after the period to one space. When you save that change, it will update all your books. That will place your name in the auto import slot so that all books with your matching name will go to that slot.

message 11: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Looks like you're still on the 3 space profile, but I've requested elsewhere that a super take a look & fix things for you, so no worries. :-)

message 12: by John (new)

John Keller | 6 comments Thanks, Bea and Abcdarian. I feel very looked after today, and really appreciate your help!

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy Gill (judyinthejungle) | 2 comments I'm having a difficult time posting the cover to my new Kindle book, Lifeline, by Judy Griffith Gill. I have the cover copy, but can't find instructions I understand for putting the cover on the Goodreads site.

message 14: by Bea (last edited Nov 27, 2015 09:59PM) (new)

Bea Judy, I uploaded it from Amazon. I also added the series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.