The Kite Runner The Kite Runner question

Did you like it?

I loved it. It's been several years since I read it, but I remember being impressed with the depth and authenticity of the characters.

Its one of my top five favorite books, ever. So beautiful and so tragic at the same time. Fantastic book. Looking forward to, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'.

Shannon Your welcome! Let us know if you enjoy it.
Nov 30, 2015 03:16PM · flag

Loved it. I didn't think I would, but it's one of my favs. Also enjoyed AThousand Splendid Suns. A little disappointed in And the Mountains Echoed. Too many disjointed story lines.

I really enjoyed the book! The writing is definitely fantastic. What impressed me the most was the characterization and the way the author conveyed a realistic and disturbing relationship between Baba and Amir. Still, the book is very sad and I cried from the beginning till the end, and it took me almost a month to convince myself to finally read the chapter which contains the saddest scene (someone had given me a spoiler and I wanted to avoid getting really sad). Amazing book!

Kathryn (last edited Dec 08, 2015 03:07PM ) Dec 08, 2015 03:03PM   0 votes
I read The Kite Runner out of curiosity when, And The Mountains Echoed was sold in hard cover. I loved it so much that I bought all three so that I could read them back to back. Hosseini's characters are developed in such a way that it is hard not to become completely invested in their lives. The books are all page turners which made it sad to see it all come to an end. I look forward to his next book.

I have read two of Khaled Hosseini's books - "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I have to admit that i prefer the second one, although i do love and find "The Kite Runner" very interesting as well.

I read this book, after I read A Thousand Splendid Suns. I had fallen deeply in love with Khaled Hosseini's writing, and the elaborate vistas he drew in his novels. The characters are so real, one can almost hear, see or touch them.

The Kite Runner was an equally sensory experience, but because of that, I was moved to tears and felt depressed for many days later. I suppose that signals excellent writing, but I am not sure I can bear the heartache of his books.

The first i have read his "And the mountains echoed", loved it and searched his other books. Also really glad that his books were translated into Mongolian language. I wish Khaled Hosseini will write more books soon, looking forward to enjoy his writing.

I suppose I will chip in an opinion that might sound a little different here. I personally didn't really like this novel. I know it was supposed to move me and take me off-guard with all its plot twists, but I didn't really feel a good connection since to me a lot of those surprises felt sort of contrived.

Now, it started out alright and the writing was decent throughout the novel, but I didn't expect everything to become so predictable so I was very disappointed. I don't want to give away spoilers but I guess I could just say that some of the twists are ridiculous, which leads to me not being able to take the novel seriously.

It is my least favourite book of all time, his writing is littered with cliches. It's like reading the synopsis of one of the worst soap operas on television.

Jukka I agree, but the chiches did not disturb me. A book like that every now and then is bearable.
Dec 17, 2015 05:11AM · flag

Wonderfully written. Pace of the story is set so right that you live through it yourselves. Khaled sir is master story teller.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Kite Runner (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Khaled Hosseini (other topics)