Students of the Restored Gospel discussion

Misc > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 35 comments Hi. As I was searching for an LDS book club on Goodreads I couldn't find one! So I created one. If you're interested than please join, it will be a fun and educational.
If you have any ideas for books, we're still adding, please give ideas. We would love classic gospel doctrine books and any other great church book that touched you!
We're excited to get started:)
-Jamie

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 31 comments Mod
Good idea, Jamie! This will be a fun group to join.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul (paul_gephart) | 159 comments Mod
There isn't a lot of activity with our group anymore. What suggestions do you have to make it better? What topics should be discussed? I am open to suggestions...

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 14 comments Good idea except how do you participate?

message 5: by Paul (new)

Hi, Cathy,

You can suggest topics here (in a public forum) or feel free to message me from my page.

Thanks,

Paul

message 6: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (frannowanno) | 2 comments I always enjoy having ongoing discussions with others about my personal scripture study to share insights and cross-references, etc. i think just to keep a good pace on books to read as a group and a specific discussion thread for each one would be nice to keep things organized. This whole goodreads thing is completely new to me so hopefully that helps! Thanks for getting this group going, I'm excited to be a part of it!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 14 comments This sounds like a good discussion group even though I have never participated before. I think I'll give it a try.

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Yorgason | 6 comments So what is everyone reading these days? Scriptural or otherwise ....

message 9: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (frannowanno) | 2 comments I'm reading the Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price (Alma and Moses respectively). Also books for school like Demonic Males, a Primate's Memoir, Blink, and a whole bunch more! I've been trying to get to Return by Robert D. Hales, what I've read so far is fantastic!

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry | 9 comments try Tracy Abramson books. They are good reads

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris Yorgason | 6 comments I am reading the History of the Church, Elder Holland's Christ and the New Covenant and Aislin of Arianrhod (a fantasy novel)

message 12: by Paul (new)

Chris wrote: "I am reading the History of the Church, Elder Holland's Christ and the New Covenant and Aislin of Arianrhod (a fantasy novel)"

I've always wanted to read Christ and the New Covenant The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon by Jeffrey R. Holland Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. What were your thoughts about it, Chris?

message 13: by Paul (new)

In light of President Nelson's talk about the name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I think it is only fitting to rename this group. Does anyone have any suggestions?

message 14: by Greg (new)

Greg | 6 comments The Gospel Student?

message 15: by Paul (new)

Greg wrote: "The Gospel Student?"

I like that!

Anybody else want to make a suggestion before we change to that?

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmbohn) | 40 comments Im fine either way.

message 17: by Paul (new)

Thanks, Cindy!

message 18: by Paul (new)

How about "Students of the Restored Gospel"?

message 19: by Greg (new)

Greg | 6 comments I like it.

Greg

message 20: by Paul (new)

That's probably what I'll go with unless anyone wants to object in the next few days.