Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
This topic is about Mending Noel
Archive (Buddy Reads) > December Buddy Read - Mending Noel

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane (PS) | 19340 comments My turn to set up the December MM Buddy Read :)

We are reading Charlie Cochet's Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1) by Charlie Cochet Mending Noel.

All is not sparkly snowflakes and sweet candy canes in North Pole City. Office workers Tim and Noel do nothing all day but antagonize each other—petty fighting that might be based on hatred… or a heated mutual attraction. It’s up to Jack Frost and his elf-friend Rudy to broach the hostilities and introduce some Christmas kisses, but is the Frost Prince up to the challenge of launching a new romance when someone’s trying to break his holiday spirit?

Everyone is welcome to join in!

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Nov 26, 2015 05:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane (PS) | 19340 comments So I am in - obviously ;) This has been on my TBR list since 14 December 2013. It HAS to be read :D

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19156 comments I can't wait to start my December books! So many holiday stories!

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19156 comments I read this one earlier in the week and enjoyed it! The audio was delightful and it was an interesting world created. I hope to get to more in the series because I just can't resist those holiday stories!

Oh, I listened to the audio and it was a lot of fun too!

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane (PS) | 19340 comments I read it the other day and forgot to post! Argh!

I was a little hesitant about one of the heroes for a while and I think there is so much more to both MC's stories. I'd love a follow up :) But overall I really enjoyed it - and I loved that the reindeer were called Rein Dears :D How cute!

Breann | 0 comments Eehhhh... this wasn't much for me. I loved the adorable world building, but I did not like either character, especially Noel. (view spoiler)

Because I liked the world, I'd probably read book 2.

2.5 stars from me.

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran | 10930 comments Delicate Ink Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan is free today at allromance.com

They have started their 12 days of Christmas giveaway, every day a new, free title :)

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran | 10930 comments I started this one on audio and will finish it tomorrow. So far I do not like Noel at all. He better do a 180 soon!

message 9: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19156 comments Fran wrote: "Delicate InkDelicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan is free today at allromance.com

They have started their 12 days of Christmas giveaway, every day a new, free title :)"

Oh cool - I got this one, but didn't realize it was going to happen everyday for a bit. I'll have to make sure I check my emails!

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane (PS) | 19340 comments Got it, thanks Fran :)

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 6792 comments MountainKat wrote: "Oh cool - I got this one, but didn't realize it was going to happen everyday for a bit. I'll have to make sure I check my emails!"

Thanks for posting, Fran! The nice thing with ARe is they keep their freebies up for 2 days, so if you happen to miss a day you're not completely out of luck!

Oh, and I listened to Mending Noel a week or so ago, and I agree that Noel very definitely did need mending! =P Overall I liked it, loved the world-building, but I do think it suffered a bit because of its length...would have been greatly improved by fleshing out just a few things. That didn't stop me from continuing with book 2 though!

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran | 10930 comments I agree with Breann that (view spoiler). I also agree with Karen that I wish it had been a little longer. But I did enjoy the world building, and I will give the second in the series a try. It ended up with a cute HEA, which I always like :)
3*