Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Looking for Recommendations > Recommendations please

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) | 140 comments I need help! Which book should I read next? The two choices are Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #10) by Nancy Atherton or Ghost of a Potion (A Magic Potion Mystery, #3) by Heather Blake .

Any recommendations?

message 3: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) | 140 comments Thanks!

message 4: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
Comment from Lilith:

I have on my bookshelves these books:
Death of a Gossip by M.C. Beaton
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanna Fluke
Death On Demand by Carolyn Hart

Any opinions? I don't know which I should start with :)

message 5: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
I'd read Death On Demand first.

message 6: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments Nell wrote: "I'd read Death On Demand first."

I agree with Nell.

message 7: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (oldemill) | 204 comments I would also read Death on Demand first. It is the first book in this series by Carolyn Hart, and is the beginning of a whole series of good books.

message 8: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 7 comments Thanks girls, so I spend this evening with Carolyn Hart ;)

message 9: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
Comment from Jeanne:

I am intrigued by the idea of genealogical based mysteries. Has anyone read any of these and could you recommend a good one? Thanks.

message 10: by Nell (last edited Aug 31, 2016 10:41PM) (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
Response from Julesy:

The only series that comes to mind immediately is The Family Tree series by Patricia Sprinkle. Not sure if these are cozies or not.

message 11: by Nell (last edited Aug 31, 2016 10:41PM) (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
Response from Stacie:

I'm a certified genealogist so this is one of my favorite cozy themes. In addition to Patricia Sprinkle's series Julsey mentioned, here are a few more:

Rett MacPherson - her Torie O'Shea series is the one that introduced me to the world of cozies. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Brynn Bonner - she writes the Family History Mysteries. It'a fun series. Book four just released yesterday.

Steve Robinson - his Genealogical Crime series is another good series. It's more of a borderline cozy. In the Blood is the first book in the series.

Sheila Connolly - her Relatively Dead series has a genealogy vibe. Sheila is a genealogist so her other series also have elements in them.

Happy Reading!

message 12: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2597 comments Mod
Response from Jeanne:

Thank you so much! This is really very helpful. I'm going to look into all of them. As I have done genealogy research for my and my husband's family off and on for over 40 years, I have a significant interest in the subject matter. I couldn't help thinking that it would make a wonderful backdrop for cozy mysteries. I guess I'll find out.