Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 > Anyone interested?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I think that as much as I have enjoyed this challenge, for next year I want to give myself some more room to read books that I want to read without worrying about whether they fit into a prompt. Would anyone else be interested in joining/starting a group where we could have a list of, say, 100 prompts (maybe fewer) and would individually tailor our own list from those prompts of 20-30. It could be a more individual challenge with the support and discussion of a group. I'll probably create it but wanted to see if I'd have any interest!

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments I think that sounds promising! Definitely I want to have a little more flexibility to fit in the books I want to read in addition to challenging myself some.

message 3: by Neptunalia (new)

Neptunalia (wxguesser1800) I'd be interested in joining.

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments Cool I'll set it up tonight when the kid goes to bed and I'll post the link :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lrclark83) I would be interested as well. I like challenging myself to read outside of my comfort zone but also want time to read what interests me.

message 6: by Tara (last edited Nov 25, 2015 03:28PM) (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Here it is. Hope you all join, I think it'll be a fun new challenge!

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) | 158 comments Joined!

message 8: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 29 comments I really like this idea, it's gives you more freedom and you can pick and choose. I'll have a closer look at the list of prompts tonight.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I like the idea of picking your own prompts. There are some prompts on the 2015 challenge that I knew from the start would not get done, and surprise surprise, they haven't. Would be good to have a challenge I stand a chance of completing.

message 10: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments That's how I feel, I will finish but there is also some overlap that I'm not interested in. Plus my hubby and I are hoping to get pregnant and last time I was soooo sick I barely read anything so I am planning a much shorter challenge list!

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments That's how I feel, I will finish but there is also some overlap that I'm not interested in. Plus my hubby and I are hoping to get pregnant and last time I was soooo sick I barely read anything so I am planning a much shorter challenge list!

message 12: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 32 comments I just joined! Thanks for organizing :)

message 13: by Nadine in NY (new)

Nadine in NY Jones | 5641 comments Mod
I'll check this out - it might be fun to pick and choose. I've been coming up w my own categories for next year, I've got 46 so far (tho some are a bit repetitive) including: a book written by an author from each of the six inhabited continents, a fairy tale retelling, a book set in a National Park (or state park), a science fiction novel written by a woman, and a book written by a person of color.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.