75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (8 to Go 2015 Year-End) > Marie's 8 to go challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ❤Marie (last edited Nov 25, 2015 08:59AM) (new)

❤Marie Gentilcore (rachelx) | 99 comments I love this idea of an end of the year challenge. It is just the push I need to clean off my TBR and work hard to meet my 100-book goal for 2015.

Here are my 10 (two I'm currently reading so 8 that I haven't started yet).

1. Eclipse (Twilight #3) by Stephenie Meyer - about 70% through
2. The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain - about 35% through
3. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah - I loved The Nightingale, I hope to enjoy this one too.
4. The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
5. The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
6. The Winter Kitten by Linda Benson
7. Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand
8. The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
9. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - this is actually a re-read, I read it for the first time last year, but this year I will listen to the audiobook with Tim Curry narrating
10. Blueprints by Barbara Delinisky

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7806 comments Mod
The audiobook of A Christmas Carol with Tim Curry narrating is awesome!! I listened to it last year.

message 3: by ❤Marie (new)

❤Marie Gentilcore (rachelx) | 99 comments Finished The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain - 4 stars. Nine more to go. I'm pretty sure I'll finish Eclipse tomorrow.

message 4: by ❤Marie (new)

❤Marie Gentilcore (rachelx) | 99 comments Finished The Winter Kitten by Linda Benson yesterday. It was a cute short story. I also finished Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. Enjoyed it but not quite as much as the first two books. About half way through Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. 7 more to go.

message 5: by ❤Marie (new)

❤Marie Gentilcore (rachelx) | 99 comments I finished Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah, really good, I enjoyed it very much. 4 stars.

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4115 comments Mod
Marie, I really like Kristin Hannah books!

message 7: by ❤Marie (new)

❤Marie Gentilcore (rachelx) | 99 comments Andrea, your comment reminded me I need to update this post. I finished Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer - 3 stars. I finished The Absolutely True Story of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie - 5 stars. It was surprisingly deep and personally moving. I finished Winter People by Jennifer McMahon - 4 stars. It was creepy but good. I finished The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans - 3.5 stars. It had a good Christmas message.

I completed 7 out of the 10. I wont be able to read Winter Street by Erin Hilderbrand because I didn't get to the library in time and they reshelved it so I replaced that with Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber which I finished yesterday - 4 stars. It was very enjoyable.

So now I have two more left.

message 8: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Dec 19, 2015 12:31PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7806 comments Mod
Doing amazing, Marie! I won't be finishing my intended 8 picked out because I have other books with time constraints on them.