UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Dinner and a show in London-Help Please

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Is it possible to do some sort of a package thing where you get tickets to a show, a nice room and reservations at a good restaurant?

Anyone know of a reputable website?

Is it too late to find something for the end of December-beginning of January?

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Emzibah might know, or Peanut

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks, Jud! I'll ask them.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments My Facebook has been screwed up all day. :(

Jud, could you please message them and ask them to look in here?

message 5: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Will do :o)

message 6: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Done. Hopefully Emma will pop her head in soon, Elle is pretty frantic right now so won't have time until Friday

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks sweetheart!

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hey there,
So sorry i didn't get on yesterday at all.
I always use lovetheatre.com for theatre tickets and they do packages too (which I haven't had time to check out but might be worth shot).
Sorry, I am dashing out again but hope that helps xxx

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Are you coming to London Patti???? If so then you have to make some time for a hug with Elle and Emz :-) xx

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks so much, Emz!

If we manage to sort something out, I'll be sure to let you know.

Xxx

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Emma (Queen of the weirdo's) wrote: "Are you coming to London Patti???? If so then you have to make some time for a hug with Elle and Emz :-) xx"

Aren't Elle and Emz a type of confection?

message 12: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Sorry I've literally only got the chance to do some catching up today. Never done a package but have heard good things about the site above.

Normally there is plenty of restaurants near with theatre menus and would probably work out cheaper.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks Peanut! Hope your birthday was awesome!

I've looked at what's on offer and can't say anything turns us on. Disappointing.

We're in the UK until the 9th of Jan but I can stay longer if I've got a good reason.

Get in touch and give me a nice chatty update!

message 14: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments No shows turn you on??!! The West End is bulging with great shows!!

Tickets in packages are almost always worse than tickets bought separately because companies buy blocks in less premium parts of the theatre.

message 15: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Fox (by_ethan_fox) | 30 comments I want to echo the advice above.

You will pay a LOT less if you book the hotel, restaurant and tickets separately, and it isn't that much more work. Also, London is one of the world's most connected cities in terms of public transport; between buses and the tube, you'll have no problem getting from anywhere to anywhere else.

Also, I would recommend either War Horse or The Lion King. I've seen both in the past two years and they were both excellent. Really memorable experiences.