Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Why can't I remember the darn title?!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilllith (last edited Nov 24, 2015 10:48PM) (new)

Lilllith | 4 comments Guys, help!

First time posting, so please forgive if I goof. I'm trying to remember the title of a book I read a few years ago, as I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a sequel coming and I'd like to read it. It would probably be urban or paranormal fantasy with a dose of romance.

The premise features a fairly standard supernaturally strong (I think?) lovely lady who vanquishes evil and is confronted and, eventually, aided by a police dude who, of course, is smitten as a kitten with her womanly charms and ruthless stabbity proclivities. The trick is that she's got a sort of Joan-'o-Arc thing goin' on, in that she hears or feels or somehow knows who to go after and if she doesn't, she feels excruciating pain until she finally gets her drawers together and acts. (She thinks it's god's voice inside her head urging her to hunt down the evil blokes and causing the mother of all migraines if she tries to ignore it. She is, understandably, not too pleased with the whole arrangement.) The romance is fairly angsty and I think a kiss is as far as we get. I think most of the story's told from the male character's POV and the whole thing had a distinctly dark cast to it - more of a Dexter feeling than Charmed.

Does this sound familiar to anybody? Did I just make this up? Was it just a dream? Is anything real? Please and thank you.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 37 comments Anyuita wrote: "ruthless stabbity proclivities..."

Lol, love this. ☺ Can't say this rings a bell but I'll have to stop back if someone identifies the book because it sounds pretty good.

message 3: by Candice (new)

Candice Nunu (nunu_noodles) | 1 comments I don't know it, but it sounds like a book I'd like to read!

message 4: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 534 comments i'd read it too. I completely love Anyuita's synopsis

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds a bit like Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole . But there's more than kissing involved here. And there's no police dude here , so I'm not sure.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane Cousins | 20 comments Try Servant The Awakening (Servant, #1) by L.L. Foster might be what you are looking for.

message 7: by Lilllith (new)

Lilllith | 4 comments Jane wrote: "Try Servant The Awakening (Servant, #1) by L.L. Foster might be what you are looking for."

YESSSSS! (Dances with glee.) That's exactly the one - I now realize the darn thing is actually sitting among my urban fantasy paperbacks, radiating perfect innocence. Thank you so much, Jane!

message 8: by Lilllith (new)

Lilllith | 4 comments Rachel wrote: "Anyuita wrote: "ruthless stabbity proclivities..."

Lol, love this. ☺ Can't say this rings a bell but I'll have to stop back if someone identifies the book because it sounds pretty good."

Aww, thanks! Jane found it - it's "Servant: The Awakening" by L.L. Foster (AKA Lori Foster). Hope you like it if you do track it down!

message 9: by Lilllith (new)

Lilllith | 4 comments PepperP0t wrote: "i'd read it too. I completely love Anyuita's synopsis"

Thank you for the kind words!

message 10: by Jane (new)

Jane Cousins | 20 comments Glad to help - I've only read Books 1 & 2 in the series, but remember thinking the author had created an interesting/unique world.

Have fun.

message 11: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) And I gave the 1st one 54 stars but forgot to continue with the series, so thanks from me as well!