Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) Queen of Shadows question

What should readers read if they're having Throne of Glass series withdrawals?
Heather Sunseri Heather Nov 24, 2015 07:18AM
I'm going to binge read all Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm curious as to what other fans of the Throne of Glass series are reading.

deleted member (last edited Nov 25, 2015 01:18PM ) Nov 25, 2015 01:18PM   2 votes
Definitely Girl of Fire and Thorns. So good!

I'm also reading Queen of the Tearling (on the second book), and it's incredible.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore is great too, if you haven't read that.

Heather Sunseri Great recommendations! Loved Kristin Cashore's Graceling and Fire! I've added the others to my TBR list. :) ...more
Feb 16, 2016 06:34AM · flag

Read Cassandra Clare :)
Trust me it will change your life.

Heather wrote: "I'm going to binge read all Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm curious as to what other fans of the Throne of Glass series are reading."

Finished Six of Crows a few weeks ago. It was awesome. I much preferred this one over the author's other series 1000x better, so if you didn't like the Grisha trilogy, don't worry.

Read A Court of Thorns and Roses...

Girl of Fire and Thorns series! Great!

Faye :) I don't find the series that great tho :3 ...more
May 03, 2016 12:07AM · flag

deleted member Nov 26, 2015 06:04AM   0 votes

Rebecca (last edited Nov 28, 2015 05:40PM ) Nov 28, 2015 05:19PM   0 votes
Read Anne Bishop's The Black Jewels trilogy. The books are Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, and Queen of the Darkness.

Are you doing a double take at the names and comparing them to Heir to Fire and Queen of Shadows? Good, you should be, and that's why you should read Bishop.

If you love a lot of elements of the Throne of Glass seris, trust me, you'll love it. Why? Because Maas was inspired by it (and openly recommends on her website). I'm in the same generation as her and most us grew up with Jaenelle and Daemon. You'll see the Fae as the Dea al Mon, you'll understand the inspiration behind Maas' descriptions of the queen's court and the Old Ways, you'll see the alliances between several powerful young women and men who are leaders of their respective territories. You'll also get a glimpse of the problem that Maas brought up in QoS, namely that Rowan is immortal and his lifespan is not the same as Aelin's.