Time Travel discussion

Into the Dim (Into the Dim, #1)
This topic is about Into the Dim
Time Travel Books By Members > Into The Dim by Janet B Taylor

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet (janetbtaylor) | 10 comments Hi guys!!
I've been a member here for a long time,and get SO many fabulous book ideas here!
My YA Time Travel novel, Into The Dim (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) debuts on 3/1/2016. If anyone is interested, I'd love for you guys to read it! :)

When fragile, sixteen-year-old Hope Walton loses her mom to an earthquake overseas, her secluded world crumbles. Agreeing to spend the summer in Scotland, Hope discovers that her mother was more than a brilliant academic, but also a member of a secret society of time travelers. Trapped in the twelfth century in the age of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Hope has seventy-two hours to rescue her mother and get back to their own time. Along the way, her path collides with that of a mysterious boy who could be vital to her mission . . . or the key to Hope’s undoing. Addictive, romantic, and rich with historical detail, Into the Dim is an Outlander for teens.

"Instantly engaging, constantly suspenseful, ultimately poignant and satisfying" --DIANA GABALDON, author of OUTLANDER

message 2: by Brigitte (new)

Brigitte (brigdandrea) | 12 comments Janet, I would live to read this, even though I'm not a teen.

message 3: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet (janetbtaylor) | 10 comments Hi Brigitte! My hope is that adults as well as teens will enjoy! I know a lot of folks think YA is just for teens. But I read SO much YA myself and umm. .I am out of my teens--JUST a bit. LOL! Young Adult Fiction is JUST as compelling if not more so, simply because...
Who FEELS more than a 16 year old? Who Loves harder? Who walks that thin line between the drama of childhood and the life-changing decisions one must make as an adult?
And plus. Hey, we ALL remember what it felt like to be sixteen, right?

message 4: by P.R. (new)

P.R. (columbyne) Hello Janet, I love the sound of this. Will the Kindle edition also be available in the UK in March?

message 5: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet (janetbtaylor) | 10 comments Hi PR!!

I wasn't sure, so I checked with one of my lovely British blogger buddies, Nicola, and she said this:

ITD hardback is on Amazon UK, so there's a good chance they'll add the kindle at a later date.

I think Amazon and Book Depository (physical) is their best chance at getting the book.

message 6: by P.R. (new)

P.R. (columbyne) Janet wrote: "Hi PR!!

I wasn't sure, so I checked with one of my lovely British blogger buddies, Nicola, and she said this:

ITD hardback is on Amazon UK, so there's a good chance they'll add the kindle at a la..."

Thank you, I'll definitely add it to my Amazon wish list and be patient! :)

message 7: by Joel (new)

Joel Van Valin | 4 comments Congrats Janet! Secret societies and medieval time travel - sounds like an interesting mix!