The Maze Runner Series  (The Maze Runner #0.4-3) The Maze Runner Series discussion

What do you guys think about this series?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Z. I absolutely love this series. I love post apocalyptic books.

Bonner I read this series a few months ago. But refuse to see the movies.

I felt it was intense and action packed. But also a bit confusing and disappointing. Book 1 was crazy with all the running and people getting killed by things in the maze, and the What-The-Heck-is going on theme.
And then Book 2 was just a mess. I mean you have no idea what to believe the entire book. Who's good, who's bad, what's going on? Then the gruesome ways some people die....yuck the slimy silver ball that melts that guys head off.....oh my gosh! AND ZOMBIES...aka Flare victims....yikes! Im gonna eat your nose...your nose!!!! Book 2 was really really really really long and confusing. They are running the entire book. and then you don't know who is being honest. And then there is the new love triangle thing. It's been a while since I read them and can't remember all the names of characters.
Books 3 ....hummmmm.....thank God there is finally an ending and teresa redeemed herself by saving him..... I'm glad they ended up on a deserted island and destroyed the transport screen. All in All I felt this was more of a guys book. It was action packed, fast-paced, and skimped on the building of relationships. Definitely Drab-dystopian genre.

message 3: by Bonner (last edited Dec 03, 2015 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bonner If you love post apocalyptic books and really enjoyed this you will like the Dan Wells series Partials. it's slower paced than this but all in all a solid read.
try it out. Wells builds worlds with words.

message 4: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Z. I honestly thought the end was stupid. I feel like James didn't really know what to do so he just added a Flat-Trans and made them go to a deserted island. The second book isn't confusing if you read it thoroughly and its better to understand when you read it a second time.

message 5: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Z. If you see the movies, keep in mind that it is nothing like the book, so don't be shocked.

Bonner Yea, I probably should re-read them. I kinda rushed through the scortch trials because my library ebook was about to expire and there were like 10 people on hold behind me to read it.

Yea, now that you mention it, it does seem kinda like he abruptly ends the books with a conveniently placed Flat-trans screen. Although as a girl I was rooting for Brenda and I'm glad he ended up with her.

He could continue the series and throw a Lord of The Flies twist in there.....that would be interesting. To see how their future is on the island.

message 7: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Z. I can absolutely agree. James should definitely add an after series. The only down-side about that is it might end up sucky. In my opinion the Heroes of Olympus series, that adds on to the Percy Jackson series, was sucky.