YA Shot 2016 discussion

Acid
This topic is about Acid
Read-A-Long > "Acid" by Emma Pass - Dec 7th - Dec 21st

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (last edited Dec 15, 2015 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 57 comments Mod
This book has been on my shelf since it was nominated for the North East Teenage Book Awards. Since then I've read hundreds of books and gazed longingly at this one. I've even read The Fearless, which was published after.

As a cheeky bonus, if you take part in this read-a-long you could win a YA Shot paperback of your choice from The Book Depository. This is in no way associated with the actual group and is provided by me. Because I love UKYA. And I want to share it.

This was very very popular, so you may have read it. But if you could win a book why not read again?

Acid by Emma Pass
by Emma Pass

The year is 2113. In Jenna Strong's world, ACID—the most brutal controlling police force in history—rule supreme. No throwaway comment or whispered dissent goes unnoticed—or unpunished. And it was ACID agents who locked Jenna away for life, for a horrendous crime she struggles to remember. But Jenna's violent prison time has taught her how to survive by any means necessary.

When a mysterious rebel group breaks her out, she must use her strength, speed, and skill to stay one step ahead of ACID, and try to uncover the truth about what really happened on that terrible night two years ago. They have taken her life, her freedom, and her true memories away from her. How can she reclaim anything when she doesn't know who to trust?

You know when you read the first few pages of a book and just know you're going to enjoy it? I'm about 5 chapters in and have this huge I've-found-a-great-book grin on my face.

Virginie (chouettblog) Cora wrote: "You know when you read the first few pages of a book and just know you're going to enjoy it? I'm about 5 chapters in and have this huge I've-found-a-great-book grin on my face."

I really need to read it!!!

This book.

Oh my god it was so good.

Virginie (chouettblog) It is a on TBR! Just need to find time to read it lol:)