What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 1980's Sci-Fi/Action Solider of Fortune H and Beautiful Scientist h Ends up in Underground Alien Base in Antarctica [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new)

K Smith | 2 comments This was a science-fiction/adventure book published in probably 1980-1983. The main character was a former military man/soldier of fortune pushed by the government to work with a beautiful female scientist to investigate why strange things were happening all around the world. I'm vague on why they got thrown together. The book literally crisscrosses the globe. However, the climax of the book ends in a secret underground alien base in Antarctica. There is a big battle in this base. And, the hero saves the day by flying one of the alien crafts out of the base.

It could possibly have been the start of a series. I remember that the cover was black with some red artwork on it. Obviously it left an impression and I'd like to read it again, unfortunately I lent it to a friend in 1984 who never returned it.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Flying a spaceship out of an alien base in Antarctica reminds me of The Takers by Jerry Ahern. Your details are a little off, but they do fit. The main character was a manly action writer, and the woman was his ex who was investigating the paranormal, but they did get involved with a government investigation.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments I believe that is it as we'll. I may still have a copy

message 4: by K (new)

K Smith | 2 comments That is the one!! You have made my day! I was 17 when I read this the first time so my memory of the details is definitely hazy. Thank you so much to you both!

message 5: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 602 comments Thanks to all of you, one more for my TBR-list.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Takers (other topics)