YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Perfected (Perfected, #1)
This topic is about Perfected
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Perfected (Perfected #1) by Kate Jarvik Birch - Restarting June 8th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
Perfection comes at a price.

As soon as the government passed legislation allowing humans to be genetically engineered and sold as pets, the rich and powerful rushed to own beautiful girls like Ella. Trained from birth to be graceful, demure, and above all, perfect, these “family companions” enter their masters’ homes prepared to live a life of idle luxury.

Ella is happy with her new role as playmate for a congressman’s bubbly young daughter, but she doesn’t expect Penn, the congressman’s handsome and rebellious son. He’s the only person who sees beyond the perfect exterior to the girl within. Falling for him goes against every rule she knows… and the freedom she finds with him is intoxicating.

But when Ella is kidnapped and thrust into the dark underworld lurking beneath her pampered life, she’s faced with an unthinkable choice. Because the only thing more dangerous than staying with Penn’s family is leaving… and if she’s unsuccessful, she’ll face a fate far worse than death.

For fans of Kiera Cass’ Selection series and Lauren DeStefano’s Chemical Garden series, Perfected is a chilling look at what it means to be human, and a stunning celebration of the power of love to set us free, wrapped in a glamorous—and dangerous—bow.

chapter 1 (view spoiler)

chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "chapter 1 [spoilers removed]"

Yep!

Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Sarah wrote: "Chapter 14 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Chapter 22 - (view spoiler)

Abbie wrote: "Chapter 22 - [spoilers removed]"

Yep.

The last few chapters were really good!

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting March 22nd 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Review #1

All I can say is WAIT WHAT!!!!! Did I just read that right???
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Susan (last edited Mar 18, 2017 06:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Review #2

So I really like Ella, for being raised a certain way she has some spunk to her and I liked her. I also like Ruby and Penn. Penn I really like.

(view spoiler)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Review #3

I find the congressmen very creepy. I love the son Penn, and I love the daughter Ruby.

(view spoiler)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Review #4

I wasn't sure I like the congressmen's wife but in the last part of this book I love her and what she does for Ella and Penn.

(view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5728 comments 20% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5728 comments 59% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Susan your spoilers sure are long.

Cinthia | 5728 comments I guess it makes sense you call them reviews instead of comments

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Mostly they are long because the first time I did it they told me I needed more detail when posting a review so they could tell I didn't skim the book but really read it...LOL....also I am a terrible insomniac and get really gabby at night ha ha ha :)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments It was not this challenge but another one I was on that told me I had to leave better more detailed reviews.

Cinthia | 5728 comments Wow. I am terrible at writing reviews. I like spending the The reading than reviewing.

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments I actually like to do both. I like to review as well as read. When I have done to much reading I take a break and do my reviews and look around Goodreads. I love to do both read and review...no biggie really.

Cinthia | 5728 comments 78% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Finished… (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Bonus Material. Penn’s POV: (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22694 comments Mod
Cinthia wrote: "20% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cinthia wrote: "59% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cinthia wrote: "78% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cinthia wrote: "Bonus Material. Penn’s POV: [spoilers removed]"

I enjoyed the Bonus POV. :)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting June 8th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Adriana | 3543 comments Thanks!

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments thank you!

Adriana | 3543 comments 10% (view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments 20% (view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments 30% (view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments 60% (view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments 70% (view spoiler)

message 38: by Adriana (last edited Jun 06, 2017 11:06PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Adriana | 3543 comments Done (view spoiler)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments forgot to add this but started the book yesterday.

message 40: by faith (last edited Jun 11, 2017 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments 10%
(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments @ Faith - (view spoiler)

message 42: by faith (last edited Jun 11, 2017 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments Adriana wrote: "@ Faith - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 43: by faith (last edited Jun 11, 2017 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments 30%
(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments I was going to say something in response to your update but I stopped myself because I might give something away.

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments do you remember what general area of the book or page it was on? i can tell you when I get there lol

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments 50%
(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments I figured it out at 30% and was sure at 60%.

(view spoiler)

message 48: by faith (last edited Jun 11, 2017 08:07PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments ahaha yeah he's starting to be okay now.

i reached 60%, was the fact that (view spoiler) the thing you wanted to tell me? or was it something else i'm so confused lol

Adriana | 3543 comments No, do you realize why the other pet had to leave yet?

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments (view spoiler)

« previous 1