Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > NOT part of the series mentioned

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookLovingLady (last edited Nov 23, 2015 03:24AM) (new)

BookLovingLady | 60 comments Could someone please remove the https://www.goodreads.com/series/1671... series? A Dutch translation of a work by Jacques Cazotte, De verliefde duivel, is definitely not part of the series... Thanks.

message 2: by Abhijeet (new)

Abhijeet (reading_is_magic) | 15 comments Could you point me to a list of books in the series? It's not as simple as removing a book, as there would be a hole in the numbering for the series.

message 3: by BookLovingLady (last edited Nov 23, 2015 06:14AM) (new)

BookLovingLady | 60 comments Abhijeet wrote: "Could you point me to a list of books in the series? It's not as simple as removing a book, as there would be a hole in the numbering for the series."

I'm not sure what you mean? The series can be found by following the link given (or by clicking on the book mentioned and then clicking on the series mentioned).

I'm a Goodreads librarian myself, but would like for one of the superlibrarians to have a look, to see if I'm right.

As far as I can tell, the 'series' mentioned is not a 'series' in the true sense of the word (like for instance the Harry Potter series) but just a list of similar editions by (very) different authors. As my translation is Dutch, it doesn't belong to this list of editions, which is mentioned here as a series.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19904 comments Agreed it is not a series according to GR.
I'll check the editions to have the series information moved to the edition field, before deleting the series.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19904 comments Series is gone.

message 6: by BookLovingLady (new)

BookLovingLady | 60 comments Arenda wrote: "Series is gone."

Thanks Arenda :-)