Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Stars Within
This topic is about The Stars Within
Adding New Books > Combine listings & books?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.M. (new)

N.M. Kelby | 5 comments Hello...Just joined and I am trying to get my books together in one place so I can do a give-away of a kindle anniversary edition of "The Stars Within." Two things I'm finding...

1)I need to have the books under Nicole Mary Kelby appear with the books written by N.M. Kelby...as I am the same person! :)

2)"The Stars Within" is the Kindle/paperback anniversary edition of "Theater of the Stars." How do I combine these listings?

Thanks so very very much! www.nmkelby.com

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments I have added N.M. Kelby as primary author, because that is the name the book first appeared under, plus combined the book with the other editions: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

It is only possible to do a give-away of a print edition. I can't find the paperback anniversary edition on Amazon. Please supply information for the paperback, so we can add it.

message 3: by N.M. (new)

N.M. Kelby | 5 comments Thanks for combining the two!

I checked my listing and this did not show up, however. Nor did THE PINK SUIT..Can I get these book listed on my author dashboard? I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks again for your help. Very sweet of you.

message 4: by G.J. (new)

G.J. Brown (gjbrown) | 2 comments Hello. My name is G. J. Brown and I'm an author on Goodreads. There are two editions of my book Hidden In A Hawaiian Sunset. One has been added to my Author profile, but the other has not. I have been unable to merge them or add any books. Please merge the following book with the version I have on my author profile. Thanks. :-)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments #4 Moved the missing editions of both your books to your profile and combined with other editions.

message 6: by N.M. (new)

N.M. Kelby | 5 comments Hi...could someone include my books THE PINK SUIT and THE STARS WITHIN on my dashboard? Thanks

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments #6 Both these books are on Nicole Mary Kelby profile. Did you recently change your author profile name to N.M. Kelby (Nicole Mary Kelby) ?

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Hi Nicole, sorry for missing you earlier request. The Stars Within is one of the editions of Theatre of the Stars, so you have to look under there. If you want to make it the default edition, go to its book page https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... , click on 'edit details' and scroll halfway down the page. On the right-hand side you'll see the option to make it the default (the edition that shows up in searches, etc.).

I have added N.M. Kelby as a secondary author to the most popular edition of The Pink Suit, so it now shows up on that profile as well. I find it a bit too much hassle to do this with all the editions, because the system thinks Nicole Mary and N.M. are too much alike for some reason and won't accept both, so a workaround is needed.

message 9: by N.M. (new)

N.M. Kelby | 5 comments Michael wrote: "#6 Both these books are on Nicole Mary Kelby profile. Did you recently change your author profile name to N.M. Kelby (Nicole Mary Kelby) ?" No. It's always been N.M. and Nicole Mary as second. Thanks!

message 10: by N.M. (new)

N.M. Kelby | 5 comments lethe wrote: "Hi Nicole, sorry for missing you earlier request. The Stars Within is one of the editions of Theatre of the Stars, so you have to look under there. If you want to make it the default edition, go to..."

Thanks for this. Hopefully it will work. Best, Nicole