Inkshares Community discussion

Johnslist > Let's get CHILDREN OF THE FOREST into Quill!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Nov 22, 2015 10:19PM) (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Folks, it's late and I'm up writing Blood Dawn, but I caught that Byron Gillan's great "Children of the Forest" has 12 days left and it's 105 orders short of Quill.

Can we do this? Can we use our combined powers to reach out to readers, and to work with Byron in any helpful way, to use this countdown as a stepping stone? Let's hear it! Ideas, thoughts, offers, suggestions -- team energy.

https://www.inkshares.com/projects/th...

All right, ball in motion. Back to work.

message 2: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Here's what we need, as I see it:

1) Cover critique?

2) Blurb critique?

3) Offers to do a reader update blitz? (Perhaps someone can write up a reader update template that anyone supporting this can copy and paste into a reader update?)

4) Some tweetables (that we can copy and paste and tweet)

5) Some FB messages to copy and share

6) Some more great ideas!

message 3: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Here's how I'm going to help: 1) I bought 3 copies 2) I'm going to actively try to get word around to other wonderfully helpful authors to get them seeing this thread. Consider me the team builder ;)

message 4: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Hey, thanks for doing all of this! I jumped on the Storm's Fury bandwagon recently, and it was pretty awesome to see how quickly the media blitz boosted its sales. Hopefully this can go even a small fraction as well.

As everyone might have seen, there's a big contest underway for my book, every pre-order nets you X numbers of tickets based on your purchase level, which denotes you chances to win a $250.00 Amazon gift card. The drawing will be held on December 10th!

I've got further updates on the way this week, and I'm more than willing to support anyone who has their own book on Inskhares (or even elsewhere, just let me know what site) with pre-orders/purchases of my own, as well recommendations and reviews.

message 5: by C. (new)

C. (cbrennecke) | 170 comments Mod
I just made some retweets!

Byron - Do you want to do a quick interview on my blog? I'll go ahead and send you the interview doc now :)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orneck (amandaorneck) 1. It looks like the cover of the book was something that was hand-done, so I am leery of replacing it with someone more traditional. There is quite a bit of charm in a hand painted cover like this, and I think it works best the way it is.
2. Blurb wise, (working off of the one on Inkshares), I might suggest pulling off the second part relating that it's a two-part series, and instead add in some more about what makes the princess unique.
3.-5. I'm in for a reader update blitz. I can generate a template if necessary. Do I just post that to the group?
6. I also have a blog where I can interview Byron after Christine's. In fact, we should coordinate a mini book tour amongst our blogs. Basically we would organize posts to ramp up to the end of the contest, and use our social media channels to promote those posts.

message 7: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Good ideas, I'm sorry I don't get back to people or post as quickly as I'd like to, I own a small store and the holidays are our busiest time of the year, so it's a struggle just to get updates out for my story.

I'm good for any chance to get my name out there, I can fill out a form or do them live if preferred, just need a little notice to schedule time.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) I absolutely adore the cover of this book - it's perfect =)

message 9: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Thanks everyone for everything so far!

The Children of the Forest is hovering around 170-something, and I'm nearing the Quill level! I'd obviously love to go for 750, but hitting 250 is an achievement all unto itself.

Now lets try to get this thing in the bag !

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 26 comments I love your cover and so far loving the storyline!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orneck (amandaorneck) Hey Byron, I saw you got an extension. That's awesome! What do you need from us?

message 12: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Well at this point I'm at 174 of 250. I want to get another 2 chapters up, and then I'd like to maybe do a big push, maybe for every 10 pre-orders I add another chapter beyond what's already there.

I was also considering doing some kind of promotion for backers, maybe something like putting someone in the book as a minor character?

I think the biggest thing at this point might be just punching up the page as it is. Does anyone have any suggestions for the front page, or is it in pretty good shape? Or the chapters themselves, how are they? Improvements needed anywhere?

message 13: by Tony (new)

Tony Valdez | 49 comments Holy smokes! 90 more days? That gives me hope. *breathes a little easier*

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Rae | 87 comments Hey there,

I'm posting Children of the Forest everywhere I can as much as I can. I hope that helps.

Kelsey

message 15: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Much appreciated, I'm getting promises to preorder from some, so I'm hoping I can hit my goal by my deadline. Thanks for pushing the book !

message 16: by Billy (new)

Billy O’Keefe (billyok) | 77 comments Just keep on them Byron, and don't be afraid to be a little bit shameless about it. I've had a few people pledging to order since my first day who still haven't or needed a few extra gentle reminders.

message 17: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Rae | 87 comments Gentle with a mallet! Just kidding...or am I lol

message 18: by Paul (new)

Paul Robinson (robo3687) | 93 comments Just ordered 5 ebooks with my remaining credits, only 20 copies away now.

Go Byron Go!

message 19: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Thanks everyone ~ If we hit the goal by the end of this deadline I will try to come up with something extra special as a reward for all my backers !

message 20: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Rae | 87 comments YOU MADE IT!!!DIGITAL PARADE!!!

message 21: by Elan (new)

Elan (bonbonelan) Hooray!