ACIM: Listen, Learn and Act discussion

A Course in Miracles
This topic is about A Course in Miracles
THE MEANING OF MIRACLES > Revelation, Time and Miracles

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramon, Co Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ramon | 55 comments Mod
ACIM states: "You are free to believe what you choose, and what you do attests to what you believe." T-1.II.1. (Emphasis added)

Once you realize what this statement is actually saying, it should follow then, that you should also be aware of who is really responsible for what you do.

Angelanadine | 17 comments I really liked that quote, it really resonated with me.

Your follow-up has me a little stumped though: if the concept of 'I' is an illusion, then my being responsible for my beliefs is equally an illusion, no? So then, who is responsible? God? My illusion, erroneous though it may be?

message 3: by Ramon, Co Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ramon | 55 comments Mod
Angelanadine wrote: "I really liked that quote, it really resonated with me.

Your follow-up has me a little stumped though: if the concept of 'I' is an illusion, then my being responsible for my beliefs is equally an..."

ACIM states: "Consciousness, the level of perception, was the first split introduced into the mind after the separation, making the mind a perceiver rather than a creator. Consciousness is correctly identified as the domain of the ego. The ego is a wrong-minded attempt to perceive yourself as you wish to be, rather than as you are. Yet you can know yourself only as you are, because that is all you can be sure of. Everything else is open to question." T-3.IV.2. (Emphasis added)

ACIM uses the term 'ego' for the concept of 'I' and what it is has been expressed above. The who, then, is ultimately you - the real you that God created - or the 'ego' you that you created, which is not really real.