twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books in the Twilight Series > Eclipse Countdown

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:43AM) (new)

Kevin (derhay) Here's the countdown...
[http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/eclipse...]

My sister is excusing her family from their house and has invited my wife to excuse herself from our family to read their copies of Eclipse in peace.

Then I will have the chance to read it.

message 2: by Kimberlee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Kimberlee Well, it's out guys. The wolf is now out of the bag. I mean cat. [or do I? MUWAHAHA:]
I liked it, personally.
Although, I was thuroughly depressed by the end.
Anyways, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone...so I won't say much. But what did YOU think of it?

message 3: by Janice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Janice (JaniceMarie) | 4 comments Oh my gosh! I LOVED it! I'm trying to avoid spoiling it for others too. But I desperately want to talk about the ending of the book.

message 4: by Brittanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Brittanie (cloudsonfire) The ending as in the Epilogue or just the normal book ending?

message 5: by Ranata (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) i loved the book! the ending was sad (the epilogue) but i think she made the right decision. I would have made that decision myself. it was just sad for the person that had to get hurt. i sure hope that doesn't spoil anything!

message 6: by Janice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Janice (JaniceMarie) | 4 comments The epilogue is what I most want to talk about.

Ranata - I completely agree. The one that got hurt - I wonder how long he'll be gone - I had the impression it might be a while.

I wonder how many books Stephenie Meyer is planning on writing for this series. Anyone heard anything?

I also hope that they make a movie of it. I know she had sold the option - but I know that doesn't always mean that it will get made. I know the book will probably be better but I love to see others' interpretations and see how they compare with mine.

message 7: by Kimberlee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Kimberlee Indeed. The epilogue made me really sad =[[
I believe Stephanie Meyer will be writing four books for this series and she also has started writing Twilight over again in Edward's perspective. She has a bit of that on her website. After I read that I went back and read Twilight again, and had a whole new way to think of things.
I began reading [book:New Moon|] again after Eclipse, and have decided that I never truly appreciated it. Bella became someone stronger through her pain, and there was no way Edward WOULDN'T have done what he did. He's just...not that selfish.
I also realised that I never fully appreciated Jacob either. He was basically her savior during that hard time. The whole time they hung out I was like, really mad, haha. Becuase I just wanted Edward. Not Jake. But I love them both now. One of my favorite chapters in Eclipse is Fire&Ice. They are just that.

message 8: by Janice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Janice (JaniceMarie) | 4 comments I agree. I really felt like Bella became a lot stronger in New Moon. Has anyone read Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock? Another book with a female character that gets stronger. Both authors have such a talent for finding a character's voice. I love when you feel like the characters are people you know. :)

I also enjoyed the chapter Fire & Ice. The chapter title was SO ideal for them and the chapter.

message 9: by Susan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Susan | 2 comments Boy howdie, if you think Bella is strong, wait until you read this...go to Stephanie Meyer's website, where you will find the proposed first chapter of a new book she's working on. She's re-writing Twilight from Edward's point of view. The idea to write it started as a bit of a lark, and grew into a really viable and interesting story. It's great to hear his point of view, because you realize how much more difficult his life has become with Bella around (and he was none too pleased about it at first) I never really appreciated how hard it is for him not to kill her until I read this, and I can't wait to read more. I have gotten over feeling guilty about blowing off every person I know when I'm reading this series (I did stop to feed my kids) Hey, it's just that good ;)

message 10: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Sarah | 1 comments oh my god! i am so excited for "Midnight Sun"

Edwards POV!

message 11: by Jasachi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Jasachi (JasachiAmano) | 3 comments OMG! Eclipse was good! Though, is it just me? Or after they finished this book didn't they feel like Bella was being a little bit of a whiner? Anyways, it was great but poor Jake! =_[ (I liked Jake ever since the beginning!) I just wish there was a girl for him in the end besides Bella, who really doesn't deserve him now that I think about it.
~Sachi <3
Ps. I can't wait for "Midnight Sun" either!! x3

message 12: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Amy | 3 comments Janice - the book will be a movie. The director and producer have been assigned (Summit Entertainment will make the movie) and the first version of the script is completed. It's on IMDB, now, as well . . . with a release date of 2010. I'm not sure I want a movie, personally. With a character like Edward who embodies physical perfection - it will be pretty much impossible to find anyone suitable. Not to mention that I favor my OWN imagination in most cases . . . ;)

Book 4, Breaking Dawn, is supposed to tie up Edward & Bella's story with a nice big bow (per Stephenie Meyer). I am confident that Jake will get his happy ending, as well. This is the last book from Bella's perspective.

Stephenie has contracts for two more books - she has said that they will both be from alternate narrators. One that she specifically mentioned was Bree. Odd, isn't it?

Anyway! A good source for lots of info is Twilight Lexicon . com. Stephenie even graces us with her presence there on occasion and dips into the conversations. It's pretty cool how involved she is with her fandom.

message 13: by Mandi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I agree with you Amy. The movie sounds exciting, but I hope that it doesn't ruin the image i have of the characters. I don't know if they can find an Edward that will meet my expectations!

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Andrews I am late to the game I know, but I bought Twilight at the beginning of December. I took it on my vacation for my anniversary (bad idea). I finished it after 4 days, and that was the longest it took me to read any of the three. I read New Moon on New Year's Day. I just finished Eclipse this morning (started it 2 days ago and tried to work and sleep once in a while).

I was very moved by the end of Eclipse. In fact it has pretty much haunted me all day today. I love it when the characters come to life like that for me.

Anyway I am glad to be here in the group and look forward to talking about this amazing series with all of you!

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Like Stacey, I am also late to the game, and these characters came alive for me. A middle school student of mine offered Twilight to me in November '07, saying she loved it and knew I would, knowing I like vampire books. I did love it, quite unexpectedly, and quickly read the other two. This is compelling YA (young adult) fiction, and if adults like it too, is it YA?? I am saying that because most of the posters here sound like adults.

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I think they would be considered YA because Harry Potter garnered alot of adult attention as well but they are still considered kids books. I actually got really into the series myself and read them all while I was unemployeed and the stories pretty much stayed with me. I'm not too excited to see it played out on screen because I don't get the Edward I want but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Andrews I don't know about others, but I am 32. I have seen as many adults reading this book out in public as teens. I suppose officially it is YA, but it certainly holds adult appeal. There are some issues in these books which I think have deeper meaning for readers with more life experience, but are still compelling for younger audiences.

message 18: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I am 27 and there are some adult situations but they are not so adult that a person of 15 couldn't understand but that was just my view of the books. I think the writing is very young adult.

message 19: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments I see tons of adults and teens reading. it can be for everyone

message 20: by Brighde (new)

Brighde | 137 comments I love this series. Everything about it -is my perfect book. But i blush at the thought of my mom reading it, I just do.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.