The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Walter | 2 comments Hello All!

My name is Jessica and I'm the latest newb, I suppose. I live in Southern California and I have been a bookworm all my life. I tend to go through phases when it comes to authors. It all started with Ann Martin and her Babysitters Club series (I think I even wrote an essay in third grade how she was the person I'd most like to sit down and have dinner with). I've gone through Christopher Pike, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, John Grisham, Carl Hiaasen and others.

My FAVORITE Author phase so far has been Kurt Vonnegut. Cat's Cradle is my second favorite book (Catch-22 is my first... I know I might get some guff for that).

I am really open minded when it comes to books. I've got about ten book on my shelf that I want to start reading, including delving into Tom Robbins.

I really look forward to hearing a lot of different opinions on this website and learning about new books and authors to try!!

So sorry for the ramble!

Jess

message 2: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Jessica! You'll get a ton of suggestions here! My TBR list has significantly grown since joining this group! Happy reading!

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hey Jess, thanks for finding us!

Catch 22 ((cough cough)) is a book I could never get through. Very strange and confusing for me. So many people have such strong positive feelings on it, though, so no worries :)

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments Hey Jess - could you possibly ramble on a site that is for people who love words!!!! :)
Happy to meet you, click on my photo to know me more too!
love, Sharon

message 5: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to the group, Jess! Kurt Vonnegut is one of my all-time favorite authors, too!

message 6: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Welcome Jess, Happy reading!!!

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tracey1970) Welcome Jess. I, too, am also a bookworm! I haven't read Kurt Vonnegut yet, but I will, soon!

message 8: by Shane (new)

Shane (shaneh27) | 12 comments Welcome to the group Jess!

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi and welcome, Jessica! You are reading some of the best!!!

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (seolmara) | 28 comments Hi Jess,

Welcome!! I'm fairly new here too. This is a great resource for the book obsessed! I'm going to be attempting to read Breakfast of Champions again soon (I've got a bunch of Kurt Vonnegut on my shelf). I love Tom Robbins too. I just finished Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas. My favourite, though, is Jitterbug Perfume.

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi there Jess and welcome :-)

message 12: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Jess, Welcome!!

...no I didn't like Catch-22, but certainly wont give you trouble!! (Loads of things I love that no one else does!)