Geek Squad discussion

COMPUTERS > Computer Geeks

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Seeing how the "Geek Squad." is a technology based company, that helps fix computers,

IF you are a computer nerd COMMENT HERE

hehe kinda

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!! Like... you don't even know...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, only for Macintosh...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe XP

message 6: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 17 comments idk but i luv computers so i guess i'm a computer geek.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I hate Mac. If I'm not on a Windows computer, I may just go insane.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'M A COMPUTER NERD!!!!!!

message 9: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 17 comments YAY!! lol

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

^-^

message 11: by Omar (new)

Omar (olezky) | 5 comments meh too :B

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) so u know how to make a link for like if i write 'my writing' and make a link into that?

message 13: by Omar (new)

Omar (olezky) | 5 comments oo yah i always wanted to learn dat

message 14: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments I think I might know...idk too lazy to see if it works. =P

message 15: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Does anyone here use LInux?

message 16: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments ...? idk......

message 17: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Do you even know what Linux is?

message 18: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments Nope

message 19: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Then you don't use it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

message 20: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments All the link did was confuse me more...but ok...

message 21: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments It's ok. Basically it's a type of Operating system with a whole bunch of different types.

message 22: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments Yeah...

message 23: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Bill Gates wanted to look good and impress everyone with his success. He decided to measure the accomplishments of Microsoft against General Motors.
The comparison went like this: If automotive technology had kept pace with computer technology over the past few decades, you would now be driving a V-32 instead of a V-8, and it would have a top speed of 10,000 miles per hour. (160,000km/hr) Or you could have an economy car that weighs 30 pounds (14 kilos) and getsa thousand miles to a gallon of gas. In either case the sticker price of a new car would be less than $50.

In response to all this goading, GM responds: "Yes, but would you really want to drive a car that crashes four times a day?"

message 24: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Bill Gates (CEO of Microsoft), Andy Grove(CEO of Intel) and Jerry Sanders (CEO of AMD) were in a high-powered business meeting. During the serious, tense discussions, a beeping noise suddenly is emitted from where Bill is sitting.
Bill says, "Oh, that's my emergency beeper. Gentlemen, excuse me, I really need to take this call." So Bill lifts his wristwatch to his ear and begins talking into the end of his tie. After completing this call, he notices the others are staring at him.

Bill explains, "Oh, this is my new emergency communication system. I have an earpiece built into my watch and a microphone sewn into the end of my tie. That way, I can a take a call anywhere."

The others nod, and the meeting continues. Five minutes later, the discussion is again interrupted when Andy starts beeping. He also states, "Oh, that is my emergency beeper. Excuse me, gentlemen, this must be an important call." So Andy taps his earlobe and begins talking into thin air.

When he completes his call, he notices the others staring at him and explains, "I also have an emergency communication system. But my earpiece is actually implanted in my earlobe, and the microphone is actually embedded in this fake tooth. Isn't that neat?"

The others nod, and the meeting continues.

Five minutes later, the discussion is again interrupted when Jerry emits a thunderous fart. He looks up at the others staring at him and says, "Uhh, somebody get me a piece of paper... I'm receiving a fax."

message 25: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments lol...that's strange...and yet really funny.

message 26: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments MICROSOFT TO SELL AD SPACE IN ERROR MESSAGES
Microsoft announced that it is selling advertising space in the error messages that appear in Windows. Acknowledging for the first time that the average user of their operating system encounters error messages at least several times a day, Microsoft is trying to take financial advantage of the unavoidable opportunity to make an ad impression.

"We estimate that throughout the world at any given moment several million people are getting a "general protection fault" or "illegal operation" warning. We will be able to generate significant revenue by including a short advertising message along with it," said Microsoft marketing director Nathan Mirror.

The U.S. Justice Department immediately indicated that they intend to investigate whether Microsoft is gaining an unfair advantage in reaching the public with this advertising by virtue of its semi-monopolistic control over error messages.

message 27: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments hahaha

message 28: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments True story

message 29: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments I doubt that....

message 30: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments You got me XD

message 31: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments I'm watching a show on the history channel and it just said that the ash cloud that came down on Pompeii was so hot it set people's brains on fire and caused their skulls to crack to relieve the pressure...

message 32: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments Yeah, when I took latin I learned about that.

message 33: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments Hmmmm...I guess. 99% of all of the species that have ever lived on Earth are now extinct.

message 34: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments I gtg

message 35: by Nite (new)

Nite (untangable) | 7 comments HEY

message 36: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 28 comments Hi...

message 37: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments HI!

message 38: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Goodentark.

message 39: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments wha...?

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) i think thats german

message 41: by Aaric (new)

Aaric | 21 comments My great-uncle speaks German.

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) cool. i know spanish.

message 43: by Bri (new)

Bri (bri465) I know multiple languages

message 44: by Omar (new)

Omar (olezky) | 5 comments im not bilingual:(

message 45: by Bri (new)

Bri (bri465) AWWWWWWWWW:/

message 46: by RedPath (new)

RedPath I'm a computer geek, and proud of it!

message 47: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) Oh hey! I was thinking of running a GUI unix OS. I just bought myself a snazzy laptop last month- core2duo (couldn't afford anything better >.>), 4GB ram (*suqee*) with a 512MB NVIDIA graphics card. Its not the best, but its a far cry from the big box of a computer I've been using for the past 7 years. Do you use linux, Aaric?

Also, your anti-microsoft posts enraged the fangirl in me.

message 48: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) Oh hey! I was thinking of running a GUI unix OS. I just bought myself a snazzy laptop last month- core2duo (couldn't afford anything better >.>), 4GB ram (*suqee*) with a 512MB NVIDIA graphics card. Its not the best, but its a far cry from the big box of a computer I've been using for the past 7 years. Do you use linux, Aaric? Would you recommend it? I was thinking of trying it out on my desktop

Also, your anti-microsoft posts enraged the fangirl in me.