YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Birch - Chat

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Markus (last edited Aug 31, 2015 03:22AM) (new)

Markus The members of this team are:

Markus ✔
Miranda
Ana ✔
Auntie ✔
Amanda P. ✔
Amber ✔

Could everyone check in by saying that they are ready so we could get this challenge on the road?

message 2: by Markus (new)

Markus I am ready!

message 3: by Auntie (new)

Auntie K | 273 comments ready

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana (anabalite) Ready!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82878 comments Mod

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Ready~~

message 8: by Amanda P (last edited Aug 30, 2015 09:00PM) (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Ready! Not sure how to add a check mark to a comment I can't edit.

The person who did the comment will do it ☺

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Victoria has switched to a serious team, and Miranda is joining your team ☺

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Well hello, I'm all set! :D

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Soooo you guys already know what you're going to read?

message 13: by Markus (new)

Markus I want to read Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins;
Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix;
The Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella;
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead;
Graceling by Kristin Cashore;
The House of Hades.

I might also have some required reading but I don't know yet. Some of those books are pretty chunky so I'll see how many I can actually tackle.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Cool! Catching Fire is awesome! :) I don't really know the other ones haha. But that's a lot of books!

I'm going to read Divergent, The Fire Sermon & I'm currently working my way trough Lockwood & co ''the screaming staircase''.

I will receive some other books I have to read for a read-along. But I don't know if I will read those in september. :D

message 15: by Auntie (new)

Auntie K | 273 comments plan reads:
no place like oz
the witch must burn
the wizard returns
(Danielle Paige)

forever
sinner
(Maggie Stiefvater)

Dreamless
goddess
( Josephine Angelina)

message 16: by Ana (new)

Ana (anabalite) Planning to re-read The Millennium trilogy.

message 17: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Wow. Lots of books listed here. I am going to take it one book at a time.
For another challenge I am reading one, so I will start there.
First book: Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 1

message 18: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Amber: I liked Divergent. Hope you like it. Have you seen the movie yet?

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Yes I have! But I heard the book is better, so I can't wait! :D

message 20: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Finished my first book. I didn't realize it was a graphic novel, so I didn't get us many points (1/3) to be exact. Sorry team.

message 21: by Amanda P (last edited Sep 01, 2015 03:10PM) (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Moving on to a buddy read starting Sept 9.
The Day We Are Born (Elements #1) by Philippa Cameron
Also going to try and read Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie

message 22: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Maya to your team ☺

message 23: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 284 comments Hi guys!

message 24: by Markus (new)

Markus Hey!

message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Hello! :D

message 26: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 284 comments Hi :)

So I have already finished one book: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger. I loved it! I will have the review up today.

I'm starting My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick now.

I have no idea what I'm going to read next though :-

Hope that's ok.

message 27: by Markus (new)

Markus That's fine, a TBR doesn't really matter, I had one, but I am failing because school

message 28: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 284 comments Okay good!

Yeah I started classes about two weeks ago. So I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done. Hopefully at least 5. But we shall see.

message 29: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Finished my first book today! Will make a review tomorrow because internet is letting me down at the moment. :(

message 30: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Posted my review of The screaming staircase! Now starting Zoutberg. :)

message 31: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Good job team!

message 32: by Markus (new)

Markus Hi Sarah, I am currently reading Confessions of a Shopaholic ad I was checking the page counts of the editions. There was one with 1270 pages, another with 963 and one with 889, but they were ebooks, but they might be iBooks. Can I use at least the 889 paged version and still get 6 points, or not?

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I think those are all too high to be honest, the average seems to be around the 300-350 mark, which would mean that the 889 page version is nearly 3 times the amount of pages, and there isn't anything in the 500-800 page range. You can use the 416 page edition, but I think the others are just too high to be actual page counts for a non iphone book.

message 34: by Markus (new)

Markus Okay, sounds fair.

message 35: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 284 comments Posted my first review!

message 36: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (alohahomora) | 113 comments hey guys! sorry if this is an inconvenience but my computer wasn't woking very well so I couldn't use goodreads! however I talked with Sarah and I'm still on this team so hello :)

message 37: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Hi Miranda! ^_^

message 38: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Posted my review of ''Zoutberg''. Now starting Divergent! Woohoo! :D

message 39: by Ana (new)

Ana (anabalite) Done w/ Queen of Shadows, typing up my review right now. I know I said I'll re-read the Millennium series but.. the 4th book of the Throne of Glass series just came out and I couldn't help it. Hope you guys are having a great day!

message 40: by Markus (new)

Markus I am falling into a reading slump, because I have to read The Three Musketeers for school and it is really slow, but I won't stop. I am also reading Delirium and I hope I can finish it during the weekend.

message 41: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Home sick tonight and tomorrow. Hoping that my head feels less stuffy and hopefully can push through one of the books I am reading.

message 42: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Finished The Day We are Born. Will read some of Crossed later. For now, watching the movie Insurgent since I didn't even know it was out yet. Wow am I behind. Cant wait to see how it compares to the book. :)

message 43: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambertjex) Hope you're feeling better now Amanda! And what did you think of Insurgent?

I finished reading Divergent yesterday. And I'm reading Insurgent now! :D

message 44: by Amanda P (new)

Amanda P (dctocali) Thanks Amber. Definitely feeling better. Just in time to move houses today! I liked insurgent, but I think I liked Divergent better, movie wise. Book wise, I liked Divergent and the last book the best from what I remember. Enjoy insurgent though. How are you liking the series?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.