What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mutant Message Down Under
This topic is about Mutant Message Down Under
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Woman reporter goes to Australia on walk about [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments I read this in the 90s but it was probably published in the 70s. It's about a woman reporter who goes to Australia to go on a walk about with a native tribe of aborigines. She starts off having to leave behind all her clothes, jewelry etc. She has to be buried in the sand to get rid of her "smell" from all the poisons in her systems. They wander for weeks in the outback. She get thorns in her feet until they become calloused over. She has to be the leader one time to find water. In the end, she goes back to town and writes of her journey.

message 3: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 247 comments I'm guessing it's Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan. Be warned, this book is inaccurate and probably entirely fictional.

message 4: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments No, sorry. That wasn't it. Thanks for trying.

HeavyReader | 450 comments B, your description sounds just like Mutant Message Down Under as suggested by Daphne. In the book you are looking for, did one of the aborigines get injured? I remember that from Mutant Message Down Under. I think there may have been a sequel too...

message 6: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments Possibly

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
B, are you going to check it out and let us know?

message 8: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments I will try to this weekend

message 9: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments That's the book. Thank you so much. It was driving me a bit crazy.

message 10: by B (new)

B Rob | 10 comments It was mutant message from down under.