YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Elm (s) - chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 05, 2015 08:09AM) (new)

Team Elm

Lindsey ✔
Marie ✔
Rachel G.✔
Joan ✔
Kyrene ✔
Cece ✔
Tarsha ✔

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82934 comments Mod
Thanks Lindsey ☺

message 3: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Hiya, thought I'd check in! Really looking forward to the challenge :)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Hi guys :) excited for September's challenges!

message 5: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments Hello everyone! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments Hey guys :)

Well done, you're all checked in ☺

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 7 comments Hey everyone!

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Almost September 1st. About to start.

message 12: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Hello team! I'm about to get started with my first book for the challenge, Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I know there's a buddy read for it on the 5th, but it was just released today and I honestly don't think I can wait until the 5th to read it, I've been way too excited for this book!

What's everyone else starting with? :)

message 13: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments My first book was going to be that as well but I pre-ordered Queen of Shadows ages ago and it still hasn't come, it's not expected until the 8th of September :( So I'm going to read A need so Beautiful to pass the time.

message 14: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Ah that sucks Marie, I'd be super annoyed if I preordered something and it didn't arrive until that late :( Hopefully it arrives for you soon and you don't get spoilered in the meantime! (Spoilers are the worst part about online forums imo, I've been spoiled for so many things over the years, haha)

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I hate spoilers! They're the worst!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm starting with The Salvation of Doctor Who A Small Group Study Connecting Christ and Culture (The Pop in Culture Series) by Matt Rawle and Spark (Elemental, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer

message 17: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments I have Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes and Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien this week, then Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes
Does anybody want to buddy read Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo ???

message 18: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments I read Shadow and bone last month. If you want I can read the 2nd book with you though?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished The Salvation of Doctor Who A Small Group Study Connecting Christ and Culture (The Pop in Culture Series) by Matt Rawle and working on two more.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I just finished Every Last Breath by Jennifer L Armentrout so I'll post my review for that later today :) I'm about 15% into A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter, and I'm also starting All the Rage by Courtney Summers today too :)

message 21: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments Hi team, I finished Falling Kingdoms and moving on now to Birthmarked and Rebel Springs. :)

message 22: by Marie (last edited Sep 04, 2015 07:38AM) (new)

Marie | 818 comments Did you like Falling Kingdoms? When I read it I loved it

message 23: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments Marie wrote: "Did you like Falling Kingdoms? When I read it I loved it"

There are parts that I like and parts that didn't connect well with me. I like the Limeros part of the story (Magnus!) as well as Jonas' story. The pacing was really fast though, and I felt like it ended so abruptly.

message 24: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Looks like you're all speeding ahead guys! :) I should be done with Queen of Shadows tonight (got some uninterrupted reading hours to myself :D) and hopefully will post the review tomorrow, then it'll be time to agonize over what to read next... I just got gifted Killer Queens, so might give that a whirl, but not sure I'm in the mood for chick lit... hmm.

message 25: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments @Kyrene: How's Queen of Shadows so far? I don't have a copy of that yet.

message 26: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Tarsha to your team ☺

message 27: by Marie (last edited Sep 06, 2015 09:45AM) (new)

Marie | 818 comments Sorry, I haven't been able to read because of school but I just finished Steelheart so I'll be posting that up soon and I'm reading Queen of shadows today as well

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Tarsha!!!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I have finished Spark (Elemental, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer - just need to write my review.

Should be done with The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson or Has to Be Love by Jolene Perry today

message 30: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Hi! Sorry for this silly question. But how do we get credit for the books we read? I've read two already in Sept but not sure how to note that here. Pls help! :-)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Byes. Each book you read in September you can submit for points but must have a review with it. Our team reviews can be found on this thread.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you are participating in the clean your shelf challenge that will be a different thread.

This thread is just our team chat thread where we can chat about the books we are reading.

Also note that you get extra points for buddy reads.

message 32: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Ok. Thanks! I'll post my reviews later today.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome. And if any more questions feel free to ask. That's what the team is for. Asking questions and just talking.

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Welcome Tarsha! :)

message 35: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Rachel wrote: "Welcome Tarsha! :)"

Thanks Rachel! :-)

message 36: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Hey Tarsha, welcome to the team! :)

Marie, I've just finished with Queen of Shadows - glad to see you've got your copy now, hope you enjoy it! I loved it so much, it's probably my favourite in the series now :D

message 37: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Hi Kyrene! Thanks.

message 38: by Kyrene (new)

Kyrene | 17 comments Hi everyone!

Hope the challenge is going well for you all :) I went ahead with reading Killer Queens and finished that a couple of days ago, getting stuck into The Lies of Locke Lamora now. Having computer probs so might end up having to post reviews en masse in a few days haha

message 39: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments I've been too busy with school to post reviews but I have read 3 books so far that still need a review so I will post them this week, sorry for the delay

message 40: by Joan (new)

Joan (fiddlerblue) | 144 comments Hi all! looks like everyone's reading a lot this month. I'm currently reading Rebel Spring, then I have Siege and Storm next and a couple of ebooks :)

message 41: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Okay guys, I'm removing Cece from your team as she hasn't gotten back to me about the challenge, and doesn't seem to be participating.

message 42: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Hi Sarah!
Thanks for keeping us informed! :-)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Sarah.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a few books I'm almost done with and a review to write and submit later tonight.

message 45: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Hello everyone!

Hope y'all are having a great Sunday! :-)

I'm about to start a new book now.

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Hey guys :) I'm sorry I've been missing for a little while, I've been really busy, and I was away in Paris for a little while! I have been reading though, I've finished 4, nearly 5, books so I'll be writing up my reviews in the next couple of days :)

message 47: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Hey Rachel! Paris sounds great! Hope you had an awesome time. :-)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel don't be sorry. I have been missing too but like you have read some books. Just need to write the reviews.

message 49: by Tarsha (new)

Tarsha (TarshaBoston) | 57 comments Lindsey wrote: "Rachel don't be sorry. I have been missing too but like you have read some books. Just need to write the reviews."

You weren't kidding when you said you had reviews to write. Lindsey, you are on fire! :-)

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Thank you Tarsha! We had a great time :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.