Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) Heir of Fire discussion

Continuity with The Assassin's Blade

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sara I have a couple things that have been on my mind since I first read Heir of Fire and I haven't been able to find discussions or posts about it. I recently re-read Heir of Fire and with the new book coming out next week, I thought I would spark up some discussion:

Question 1:
Is Sorcha the Healer from The Assassin and the Healer? Yes the name is different, but they were both from Fenharrow and the correct age. It definitely makes Sorcha more interesting to me if it is the same person.

Question 2:
In chapter 37 of Heir of Fire, Manon is discussing the Wastes and that there is currently a young woman with wine-red hair that is calling herself the High Queen after deposing the mortal High King of the Wastes. Ansel in The Assassin and the Dessert was also described as having wind-red hair and she was determined to recover her father's kingdom. Does this mean we might see her again when the witches make their move in the Wastes?

What do you think? What other character continuity have you seen that not everyone may have noticed?

Virginia Sara wrote: "I have a couple things that have been on my mind since I first read Heir of Fire and I haven't been able to find discussions or posts about it. I recently re-read Heir of Fire and with the new boo..."

I'm re'reading HoF right now, after finally reading the Assassin's Blade and I just read the part when the Stygian spider said that!And yes, I'm certain she's talking about Ansel.

As for Yrene, I don't think she's Sorcha. Sorcha has been in the palace for 6 years, she' says so when she's remembering the first time she saw Dorian in the Palace's garden, 6 years ago. According to the time line, Celaena met Yrene around Two and a half years ago.

Sara Darn. I forgot about Sorcha being at the palace for 6 years. I was really hoping they were the same.

message 4: by Kiki (last edited Aug 31, 2015 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiki One thing I'm certain about is that Sorcha cannot be random. What I mean is there has to be a deeper story to why she is there and who she is

Virginia Kiran wrote: "One thing I'm certain about is that Sorcha cannot be random. What I mean is there has to be a deeper story to why she is there and who she is"

I think Sorcha was the catalyst to completely unleash Dorian from his father. He knew his father was cruel, but killing sorcha turned him into his true enemy.

Alicja I was just thinking about Yrene and Sorscha too... Thanks for clarifying guys.
Do you think Yrene will appear in the series later on?

Alicja Sorcha*