Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Tech Support > How do I change notification preferences?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 40 comments Sorry to be a pain in your bottoms, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change my notification preferences! I can reach the page where you click on whether you want 'digest', 'individual', 'none', etc., but even when I change my preferences, I cannot save them and they go back to how they were originally.

Can someone help? I am somewhat overwhelmed with loads of notices and emails. :O

Thank you,
Molly. :)

message 2: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments Part of it may be tied to individual posts you've commented on or started.

At the bottom slightly below and to the right of the post button, you can uncheck "Add to my Update Feed" and on the "Notify me when people comment in this group" below that click edit and at the bottom of the popup select none.

A bit of a pain but once you've done that it should stick, except when you start a thread.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
On the main group page you can change your notifications for the group itself, but as RFG said, each thread has their own options as well. If you start a thread, the default is set to where you will get emailed notifications when someone comments. Hope that helps a little. :)

message 4: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments I used to do System Support and fielded Help Desk calls so people on the Help(less) Desk could chit chat their friends virtually all day -- so glad I don't do that job now.

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 40 comments R.F.G. I do not envy you, I must say. I'm also glad, for your sake, you don't do that job now! The unfortunate tech support peeps of the world are usually only confronted with angry peeps.

Christina, yes! It was obvious, now I look at it. You seem omnipresent. I'm not sure how you always get back to me and others so quickly!

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
One small part having no life and one large part writer's block procrastination. ;)

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 40 comments Haha.... Don't let us steal your brains too much! If you put Goodreads peeps to one side sometimes, you never know what might come pouring out! ;)

message 8: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments My excuse is taking care of my tiny demon makes it hard to write or edit.

Since we won't have internet for a week or three, writing time.