Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Skyscraping
This topic is about Skyscraping
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen → Start Date: September 11th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments Megan and I are reading this in September. Please join us.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments I didn't realize it was verse. The cover caught my eye. Excited for it!!

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 52 comments Thanks Mandiann! I got to preview the first twenty pages and I just flew threw it, I have high hopes for this one.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I loved this one! Hope you girls do, too! :o)

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ooh, I'm in!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I absolutely loved this book. I hope you all do too! Happy reading!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments Still waiting for my copy.

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments no worries, let's kick this one out

want to wait a week?
or 2?

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 04, 2015 06:49PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm going to kick it out a week, to 9/11

I hope that works for you Megan. Let me know if there are any issues!! Or we can just check in around the 11th and see if everyone has their copy!

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan | 52 comments Sorry I've been missing these last couple days!

Spotty wifi and Netflix got in the way of any actual reading at the start of the week!

The eleventh actually works great for me because there's only three copies in circulation in my library district so it's been slow moving getting it.

Excited to start, and glad to have so many buddies to discuss with!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments Finally go my book. Anyone still up for this?

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yes, I'm starting now too :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments I won't be able to start until tomorrow.

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so...I read it today

sorry I didn't update. I was waiting at a parade and just kind of...blasted through it

I think maybe I was in the wrong mindset or...maybe wrong place (in a huge, raining parking area with Girl Scouts waiting to throw candy in a parade :D) - this one just did not connect with me.

but I"m really interested to see what you think Mandiann!! I hope you like it more than I did!

message 15: by Mandiann (last edited Sep 26, 2015 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments Wow, okay. I am sorry you didn`t enjoy it. Well I still havent started. Work/life has left little time for reading. Will try to get to it soon.

So far I have been unimpressed with verse books I have tried so my hopes aren't high. If it weren't for the cover, I doubt I would have picked this one at all.

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 26, 2015 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know, the cover is gorgeous
and the topic is really touching and a great addition to subject matter that maybe doesn't get tackled in YA enough.

ugh, I hate that I didn't love it.....

I usually love verse books... Yikes. well, if you don't get time anytime soon, no worries. I'll be here when you get to it :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm sorry you didn't like it, Trisha. Bummer!