The Backlot Gay Book Forum discussion

Everything Else > Webcomics

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jax (new)

Jax | 979 comments I'm really enjoying this "animated digital webcomic" I just heard about, Buying Time. It requires Flash so you can't use your iPhone or iPad, but it has really cool effects on your desktop. I love that it features a chubby MC. Very sweet so far. Some nudity.

message 2: by Octobercountry (new)

Octobercountry | 1169 comments Mod
I just checked out chapter one---interesting! I didn't even know there was such a thing as an "animated digital webcomic," but it's kind of cool. I'll have to continue reading the story.

message 3: by Jax (last edited Aug 26, 2015 05:08AM) (new)

Jax | 979 comments I've never seen anything like it either. The added animation elements really do make it come alive.

I'm slowly checking out the titles on this GR list: LGBT Webcomics

message 4: by Ulysses (new)

Ulysses Dietz | 1560 comments So, how do you buy one of these--for your laptop? Sounds like fun...I'm not a luddite, but I'm a sort of nincompoop.

message 5: by Jax (last edited Aug 27, 2015 02:34PM) (new)

Jax | 979 comments All the ones I've ever followed have been free. You can follow that link for Buying Time and start reading right now. Usually there is an option to donate or buy a finished product that's released in print form. This one would have to be digital only, tho.

The only print copies I have ever bought were the Kyle's Bed & Breakfast series.

message 6: by Ulysses (new)

Ulysses Dietz | 1560 comments Ah. I've got "Buying Time" on my computer. Pretty cool...

message 7: by Ulysses (new)

Ulysses Dietz | 1560 comments OK, now I'm totally hooked. How do I keep track of where this is? This is where I get lost...

message 8: by Jax (last edited Aug 28, 2015 05:27AM) (new)

Jax | 979 comments After I bookmark it, I edit the bookmark name each time I read further to indicate where I left off (a chapter and/or page #) so I can use the archive list to start reading again. Or you can make a new bookmark each time you stop reading & trash the old bookmark. Does that help? Was that what you were asking?

message 9: by Ulysses (new)

Ulysses Dietz | 1560 comments Jax wrote: "After I bookmark it, I edit the bookmark name each time I read further to indicate where I left off (a chapter and/or page #) so I can use the archive list to start reading again. Or you can make a..."

Yes, thanks. That seemed logical...

message 10: by Ulysses (new)

Ulysses Dietz | 1560 comments i have it all figured out! It's great.

message 11: by Octobercountry (new)

Octobercountry | 1169 comments Mod
Not particularly gay, but I just had to share this short comic, told without the benefit of dialogue. Man, it gets me all "snuffly" every single time---I found this to be extremely moving!

http://onemuseleft.tumblr.com/post/13...

message 12: by Kristopher (new)

Kristopher | 3 comments I've never read buying time but I probably have a good dozen lgbt webcomics I've followed for a long while. The first that's coming to my mind is The Less than epic adventures of TJ and Amal, Chaos life, Khaos komix, Manta Dad, O human Star, and Yu+Me Dream. There was good art in Sfeer Theory and Knights errant but it was new when I was reading them so I'm unsure if where they went is just some poorly written homoeroticism or they should be on as many lgbt webcomics lists as they are. It's hard sometimes finding good webcomics, especially since a lot of gay webcomics are written by ladies in a yaoi;homosexual taboo style. I don't know the more erotic ones as much, though I'm sure I've gone through a few full stories in a night before.

message 13: by Jax (new)

Jax | 979 comments I'm following the artist who did Buying Time on twitter so I'll know when he starts posting another story. He's shared some character art so I hope it'll be soon.

I just found O Human Star, Volume One recently but haven't gotten into it yet. I also want to try Samsara @ http://www.samsarathecomic.com/comic/... and Always Raining Here, Volume 1.

I still follow The Young Protectors: Engaging The Enemy @ http://webcomics.yaoi911.com/typ/ete_... but the personal bits are only a small part of the story. Not a romance by any means.

I've also read the first 2 volumes of Kyle's Bed & Breakfast and you can see recent pages @ http://kylesbnb.blogspot.com/.