The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) The Assassin's Blade question

Do I have to read this?
ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc Aug 23, 2015 11:32AM
Just wondering whether or not I had to read this to continue the series. So far I've given the series 4 stars because it's enjoyable but I don't think it's amazing. Is this worth reading?

Like people are saying, you dont have to. But in QoS I think we will be exploring more of Celaena's past that occurs in The Assassin's Blade. And we will be seeing Arobyn and to fully understand how much of a psycho this guy is you should read Assassin's blade. Plus you get to met the amazing-ness that is Sam Cortland.

Yes Absolutely! It makes the story SO much better. You learn about Celaena's past. You also learn about Sam which they mention once, but don't elaborate. i actually like The Assassin's Blade more than Crown Of Midnight, the 2nd Throne of Glass book. So yeah, basically, I would read it.

You don't have to read it, but I'd recommend it because it seems like Queen of Shadows is going to have lots of references to it.

Nikita (last edited Aug 31, 2015 11:48AM ) Aug 23, 2015 07:06PM   0 votes
Not yet, but it's on my reading list and plan on reading it sometime this year.

Updated August 31, 2015:
I am currently reading Assassin's Blade and hope to have it finished before Queen of Shadows is released. OMG I love it.

You don't HAVE to, but some things make a lot more sense. I actually LOVED this book, even better than the original series because Celaena isn't broken in this one, she's confident and badass. I would recommend that you read it.