YOUNG ADULT BOOKWORMS ツ discussion

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about Red Queen
Red Queen Quartet > Red Queen (Spoilers are allowed but it would be nice to give a warning before unleashing it)

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pearl, Mod #2 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pearl (perlite) | 223 comments Mod
I just finished reading it and it was amazing! Despite the turn of events, I like Maven (don't sue me I just like him okay!). The plot twist and everything was amazing but I kind of knew it was coming thanks to a spoiler by reading some 12 dynamic quotes of Red Queen which kind of made me aware of the plot twist.

Anyways Mare Barrow is certainly an interesting character and I really love her name?

But I do feel like somehow Kilorn might like her yet I ship Cal and Mare! I can't wait for the next book :D

Alyssa | 6 comments I totally ship Cal & Mare too! I can't wait for the 2nd book. I also heard that movie rights were being purchased for the trilogy.

message 3: by Pearl, Mod #2 (new) - rated it 5 stars

I ship Cal & Mare as well but I have a huge crush on Maeven

message 4: by Alyssa (last edited Sep 15, 2015 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssa | 6 comments I liked Maeven at first but nowI just think he is a butthole for what he did. I'm interested to see what is in store for the second book.

Tenmodo | 1 comments I DEFINETLY SHIP MAVEN AND MARE!!! (SPOILER) 1. he might have been controlled by elara. 2. he has his reasons AND 3. they are REALLY cute together.. more than ever!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "I totally ship Cal & Mare too! I can't wait for the 2nd book. I also heard that movie rights were being purchased for the trilogy. "
Awesome!! A movie!!! (of course it won't be as good as a book, lol)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Just read Red Queen. *spoiler* I hate Maven, (though he was prob controlled by Elara). Kilorn sooo loves Mare. And we all know Mare loves Cal and vice versa! I feel bad for Kilorn, they would be cute together. Shade's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so sad when Mare realized he died. And he teleports!!! I know, I like, do not know him at all, but I have this major crush on Shade. I mean come on!! His name is also so adorable! Oh wow, didn't mean to rant! :)

Alyssa | 6 comments Hahaha ranting is good, God I hate Maven too he is such a little dirtbag, and I hate the fact that Mare is still holding on to him. Has anyone read Glass Sword yet? I just finished.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I know right!! He is, and Cal is like SOOO much better for Mare!!!! Unfortunately, no. I don't really buy books, cause I get like NO allowance, and the library is like out. So no, :( How was it?

Alyssa | 6 comments I totally understand, I put it on hold at the library before it was even out. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I first I thought I wouldn't because it kind of had the same rhythm as Catching Fire with the whole revolutionary figure thing. Then it got soooo much better during the middle of the book and the ending was really good too. I can't wait for the third book to come out! In the mean time I'll have Game of Thrones to occupy me. Lol.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. Game of Thrones is also on my too read list! I found that RQ was a lot like HG (like you said) and the Matched Trilogy. Well, the Matched Trilogy was more like HG....

Alyssa | 6 comments You should definitely read Game of Thrones! The books seem a bit too long at first but they get really good. I'm on the third book now. Yeah I started reading the Matched series a while ago but I never finished. It just seemed too repetitive.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "You should definitely read Game of Thrones! The books seem a bit too long at first but they get really good. I'm on the third book now. Yeah I started reading the Matched series a while ago but I n..."

Yes. Matched seemed to much like the Hunger Games, if you get what I mean

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

David wrote: "glad to know Christine I'm not alone in my thoughts on matched"

Same here :D. What was published first though? Matched or the HG?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Cause I personally like the HG better

Alyssa | 6 comments Hunger Games was published first.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Hunger Games was published first."

Good. Now I know that ALLY CONDIE copied (sort of) Suzanne Collins.

message 18: by Pearl, Mod #2 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christine wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Hunger Games was published first."

Good. Now I know that ALLY CONDIE copied (sort of) Suzanne Collins."

Did she really?

Mikki (mikkimouse4271) | 5 comments Perlite wrote: "I just finished reading it and it was amazing! Despite the turn of events, I like Maven (don't sue me I just like him okay!). The plot twist and everything was amazing but I kind of knew it was com..."
Yo wtf me too, I am really conflicted about Maven and I don't know how to feel. I lowkey am really hoping for him, SOMEHOW against all odds.

message 20: by beni (last edited Oct 27, 2018 04:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

beni (wexibur) | 7 comments (Spoilers) I dead loved Maven while reading Red Queen. There is no question it. I just fell in love with the kid even after he betrayed Mare. There were so many ups and downs I had with this kid. It was ridiculous. When Maven betrayed Mare, I threw the book halfway across the room, knocking over the trashcan in the process. I was so mad at him. All my friends told me that Maven was a trash character too, and even so, I fell in love with him.

message 21: by beni (new) - rated it 4 stars

beni (wexibur) | 7 comments (Spoilers) I had shipped Mare and Cal together at first, but then she ended up having to be with Maven. From that, came the beginnings of a new ship. It was slow at first (not really) but Maven really came to the top. I thought Cal was absolutely worthless, but I did love him every now and then.

message 22: by beni (new) - rated it 4 stars

beni (wexibur) | 7 comments (Spoilers) I loved Maven all throughout Red Queen, Glass Sword, I stopped loving him, King's Cage was full ups and downs (mostly ups), and in War Storm, I was completely all over him. When Mare killed him, I legit cried. I cried I'm not even kidding. I was seriously hoping he would live. I really loved him. While I was reading Glass Sword, I just dissed Maven out like nothing. I think hated just about every guy but Kilorn. I loved Kilorn. He was so sweet. He was like my baby throughout the books. Kilorn was nothing compared to Maven though. I was dead obsessed with him. Maven pretty much mattered more than anything. Lol, what a rant. Sorry about that! Bye.

BADASSBOOKWORM (bookwormbadass) I feel sorry for maven

BADASSBOOKWORM (bookwormbadass) dont you feel bad when he struggles trying to feel love for his brother but th he just cant.

BADASSBOOKWORM (bookwormbadass) (Spoilers) I cried to. I really loved Maven because all oil f his flaws were his mother's fault and he tried so hard to love his brother.

Also I wanted him to be put on trial because it would have been an interesting scene to read and I wanted someone to heal him so bad. Is it sad I miss him?

message 26: by beni (new) - rated it 4 stars

beni (wexibur) | 7 comments BOOKWORMQUEEN wrote: "(Spoilers) I cried to. I really loved Maven because all oil f his flaws were his mother's fault and he tried so hard to love his brother.

Also I wanted him to be put on trial because it would hav..."

Not at all, I miss Maven too. None of my friends do though, they're all like good riddance. He was a horrible person. I was really hoping someone could heal him.

message 27: by EG (new) - rated it 5 stars

EG K | 5 comments I was so upset when died. I expected it but I wasn't ready for it.
Don't hate on me but I loved maven. Reading about him going the way he did was hard. I think that's the reason alotof the fandom are hating on War Storm

Mikki (mikkimouse4271) | 5 comments Beni wrote: "(Spoilers) I loved Maven all throughout Red Queen, Glass Sword, I stopped loving him, King's Cage was full ups and downs (mostly ups), and in War Storm, I was completely all over him. When Mare kil..."

This is a mood.