SNA Y7.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 5: Book Jacket and Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 23 comments Mod
Please post your character analysis for your book jacket here.

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Julio Jap (jordanjuliojapgoodreadscom) | 14 comments At the king's ransom book, there is a character called Douglas King. He is rich so he has a nice house and an attractive wife and now he's planning a big business and it's risking his whole life because there is two enemies called Sy Barnard and Eddie Folsom but they're not rich and not successful. they want to get his money by threatening his son's life but sadly they get the wrong person and that person is actually king’s chauffeur's son so the police search hard enough that they lock up the person who keep the chauffeur's son which Sy’s friend betrayed him by telling his location when Eddie is gone but Sy don’t believe the police who got him and I think that king is so lucky because his son is safe from getting caught.
King's Ransom (87th Precinct #10) by Ed McBain

message 3: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments My character is from the book Jeeves and friends, Bertie ( shiort for Bertie Wooster). He is pleasant young man but he has little intelligence, on the other hand, Jeeves, his personal valet, is a very independent and a "can do" man and Bertie always turns to Jeeves whenever he gets into trouble.

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 31 comments My character is from the book Jeeves and friends, Bertie ( shiort for Bertie Wooster). He is pleasant young man but he has little intelligence, on the other hand, Jeeves, his personal valet, is a very independent and a "can do" man and Bertie always turns to Jeeves whenever he gets into trouble.

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica Gunawan | 16 comments i have just read the book the lady in white, the lady in white is a fictional horror book written by Colin Campbell .The character that i chose from this book is John, John is a successful TV producer who wants to make a program about the strange stories about a hitch-hiker. The hitch-hiker is also called as the lady in white. The story is about three different mens that met the hitch-hiker / the lady in white in different times and something happened (read to find out) after hearing about this, John then realised that the story that was told exactly the same by three different mens was exactly the same story of how he met rachel (his wife) in Brighton, all of the three stories told by these three different mens was also in Brighton, exactly where he met Rachel. John is a brave man since he dared to go to Brighton alone since he wanted to know more about it. I would highly recommend this book to the one who likes reading horror books. The Lady in White (Cambridge English Readers Level 4) by Colin Campbell

message 6: by Hoodini (new)

Hoodini | 19 comments I have just read this book called nothing but the truth it is like a women doing a white lie to his husband and the women kept this a secret to others but then sadly her husband found out her secret so they had a divorce but then they get along with each other sort things out but this book is not good for me because im a not a comedy type of guy if you do like comedy I recommend this book for you

message 7: by Hoodini (new)

Hoodini | 19 comments I have just read this book called nothing but the truth it is like a women doing a white lie to his husband and the women kept this a secret to others but then sadly her husband found out her secret so they had a divorce but then they get along with each other sort things out but this book is not good for me because im a not a comedy type of guy if you do like comedy I recommend this book for you

message 8: by Natashatjahajo (new)

Natashatjahajo | 27 comments my book is the great Gatsby and the character that i choose is jay Gatsby. Gatsby mansion on long island blaze with light, and the beautiful,the wealthy,and the famous drive out from new York to drink Gatsby champagne and to party every night. but jay Gatsby ,the owner of all this wealth ,wants only one thing - to find again the woman of his dreams ,the woman he has held in his heart and his memory for five long years .

message 9: by Felecia (new)

Felecia Agatha | 21 comments The book by Jane Austen that i read was called 'Sense and Sensibility'. From this book, I chose Mrs Dashwood to be the character that I'm going to talk about. Mrs Dashwood, a mother of two beautiful girls that are called Marianne and Elinor and the second wife of Mr Henry Dagwood is a loving and caring mother, and also a kind-hearted wife. Even though she had not inherit any fortune of her own, she've always wanted the best for her beloved daughters. I rate this book 4 out of 5 since there are lots of romance involved in it, but other than that, it is such a great book to read! Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

message 10: by Derrick (new)

Derrick | 22 comments My book is called "This Rough Magic".The character I chose is Lucy Waring,an actress on her holiday on the greek island of Corfu. But,nearby is the unfriendly coast of Albania,which was not such an open country. One day, she found a body drifting ashore on the beach coming from the direction across the coast. This incident is then followed by mysterious deaths and sudden disappearances. I would describe Lucy Waring as a persistent woman as she digs deeper into finding out what happened.I rate this book 4.5/5.I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery.

message 11: by Nicholas.N.G (new)

Nicholas.N.G | 12 comments I read a book called Deadlock.The book is about a woman called vic,she is an investigator from Chicago.She is currently investigating her cousin's death.She is a very tough girl and she can't be stopped by anybody.I recommend this book to people who likes crime and mystery.

I rate this book 4/5 Deadlock

message 12: by Arbormon123 (new)

Arbormon123 | 18 comments i read a book called "far from the madden crowd". I think this book is not really good because it has romance and i really dont like romance books so why do i keep on getting them. I guess its just my luck. This book is about a person called gabriel oak, he fell in love with someone and..... Far from the Madding Crowd

message 13: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments I read this book called "horror stories" i think this book is a bit creepy, but not that horroric , in this book , there's not much to say since it's just shprt stories combined into a book. But the settings are mostly the same, like the old hanuted house, it existed since the 1915s and had already have so many victims, whenever an individual goes in to the basement room, alone, they would either die by breaking their neck, or by falling down the stairs. So far, i like this book i recomend this for those who likes mysteries and horror stories

I rate this book 5/5

message 14: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments I read this book called "horror stories" i think this book is a bit creepy, but not that horroric , in this book , there's not much to say since it's just shprt stories combined into a book. But the settings are mostly the same, like the old hanuted house, it existed since the 1915s and had already have so many victims, whenever an individual goes in to the basement room, alone, they would either die by breaking their neck, or by falling down the stairs. So far, i like this book i recomend this for those who likes mysteries and horror stories

I rate this book 5/5

message 15: by KevokevoMC (new)

KevokevoMC | 13 comments i read the book tasty tales and i dont like it because it has a lot of diffrent stories 1from 5