Reader's Paradise discussion

All about you > Need Help? Just Ask here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Palliveettil (jenyalphinegeorge) | 638 comments Mod
Are you new to RP or a current and need help? Well your Mod’s are here to help, so all you need to do is-JUST ASK! :)

message 2: by Siri (new)

Siri | 6 comments Hi, my name is Siri! I´m going to have a book presentation and a conversation with my teacher about a book named we were liars by E. Lockhart. I have read it but I´m just curious about yours thought and opinions on this book :-)

message 3: by Anmol (new)

Anmol (anmolv2) | 1 comments I am trying to get norah robert's the obsession . On amazon its imported version for 1400rs , When will this book arrive in India??

message 4: by Dr. (new)

Dr. Abin | 159 comments Dear moderators,
Unlike anyother social media networks where people already known to each other make friends among themselves, here, in my belief, where no one knows the other in person, what's the mode of making friends? Do one has to send individual friendship requests? Or just wait to be invited by others? Or is it better for the newcommers to be without any friends, for the time being?
I hope moderators would come up with a solution.

message 5: by Dr. (new)

Dr. Abin | 159 comments No reply so far; feeling quite embarrassed.

message 6: by Dr. (new)

Dr. Abin | 159 comments Hmm...May be busy with their own errands.

message 7: by Dr. (new)

Dr. Abin | 159 comments Thank U, Abhay. I'm thirty five.

message 8: by Sanketh (new)

Sanketh | 6 comments Hi.
I am a new writer, writing minitales on my blog.
www.minitalesblog.wordpress.com

i wanted some people here to review my writings and comment on different aspects of my story writing. i would really appreciate some help.
thank you.

message 9: by Ayushi (new)

Ayushi (SleepingSerenity) | 4 comments Hi! I am new so I am struggling to get used to this site. Firstly how do you start reading books in goodreads. It only marks read or reading??

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Ayushi :)
Sadly, you can't read books here. You can manage them here. It's kinda social networking cum book managing site for book lovers.

message 11: by Harshit (last edited Jul 08, 2016 01:51AM) (new)

Harshit Tabyal | 8 comments moderators,
why 75% people in buddy reads who are in same pair do not respond to messages by other person? And why the remaining 25% who start buddy reading a book are still intrested in reading it alone because after 5 messages by other person about how their reading is going they respond with one short and curt reply?

message 12: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments moderators,
why 75% of you do not respond to messages by members here? At least the remaining 25% moderators should give one short and curt reply!!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, I forgot about this message.
Thanks Gorab, for bringing it to my notice again.

@Harshit- Thanks for suggestion, but we can't do anything about this. I know there are some people that participate in BR and other stuff, and then become invisible after some messages. Some even don't make a thread. While the other, well, as you pointed, respond with one short and curt reply.
I will talk about it with other mods and members, and see what we can do.
If you (G, you too) have any suggestion for it, then let us know. Thanks.

message 14: by Jenny (new)

What do you suggest as a solution, Gorab?

message 15: by Jenny (new)

It is better to use Goodreads mobile app on the go to update on the br thread,in mg humble opinion. I suggest everyone keep the br tab open whenever reading a book.

message 16: by Jenny (new)

It would have been better if each thread has like a controlable chat head. I would like to notify Goodreads devolopers on this subject. What do you think guys?

message 17: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I'd say it's just hard luck if you get a buddy who doesn't responds as much as you like. No use enforcing anything. What you could do is gatecrash into recent active discussions ;)

message 18: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Or participate in monthly reads.... for sure active members will respond there!!

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Thanks for sharing,Gorab!! That's a great idea!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea Gorab, as usual:P
Besides, I think we should limit Copy-Cats and monthly BRs, so more people will join in BOTMs.

message 21: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Thank you :)
The group has 500+ members. But if you observe, it really is less than 20 active members.

@Harshit, not all new members are much comfortable with goodreads. Many nominate in challenges just to get a hang of it. You can try this on your buddy :D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

#KillEmWithKindness :P

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Gorab wrote: "The group has 500+ members. But if you observe, it really is less than 20 active members."

With you being in top-3, by comments count :P

message 24: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Ahhh! Comments count is an illusion.
I've contributed many many comments in "Beat the Moderators" game! And so have many others. By the way, where do you get these stats?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Gorab wrote: "By the way, where do you get these stats?"

Just click on the "Members", at the right-top corner, and sort by "num comments" :P

message 26: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Thanks!
Goodreads is still a mystery to me! And I prefer to keep it that way to be hooked by it ;)

message 27: by Rahul (new)

Rahul | 5 comments hello does any one read the book called the perks of being a wallflower

message 28: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Yes I've read that and liked it too.
Why do you ask? You've read it? Planning to read?

message 29: by Niki (new)

Niki Pogaridou | 19 comments Rahul wrote: "hello does any one read the book called the perks of being a wallflower"

Hello!have not read it but I saw a movie with that title, starring Ermione from Harry Potter. A bit sad.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Gorab wrote: "Yes I've read that and liked it too.
Why do you ask? You've read it? Planning to read?"

I was just gonna mention you ;)

message 31: by Puja (new)

Puja Kisku | 1 comments Rahul wrote: "hello does any one read the book called the perks of being a wallflower"

I have read it and it's a awesome book! Do give it a try, you wont regret it. The whole book is written in a epistolary format. I have re-read it numerous times but it always feels new.

message 32: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Read the book first and then watched the movie. Loved them both - the book (for its content) and the movie (for its soundtrack)

message 33: by Siri (new)

Siri | 6 comments Hi! In my English class we were given an assignment about Classic literature. The task was to make a presentation about an English author and one of theirs works, and I chose Emily Bronte with the book Wuthering Heights. The presentation has to include a thesis statement about Withering Heights, and my thesis statement is «are we doomed to make the same mistakes as our forefathers?» And I need you guys opinion and with sampels from the book. Thank you in advance!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Siri, I haven't read the book yet. Maybe those who have read it can help.
Anyway, good luck :)

message 35: by Niki (new)

Niki Pogaridou | 19 comments Hello guys! I don't really remember the Wuthering Heights but I guess you could say its a common fact that children often adopt their parents' behaviors, even when they have hurt them.A man raised in cruelty is more likely to be a cruel father himself, a mother raised to think that she has less value than her brothers, will possibly become a woman who will appreciate her sons more than her daughters. Don;t know if that helps, I think the male hero of the story had a sad past. Yes, our past makes us who we are and we have to put an effort to free ourselves from it.

message 36: by Viral (new)

Viral Panchal (viralpanchal) | 4 comments hello readers, writers :)
i'm new in this good reads and by surfing this site i found this group. i want to post my quotes and poems here and publicly. so please guide me for that.
thank you. :)

message 37: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Welcome to the group Viral :)
Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming your name is pronounced विराल and not like the medical jargon :P

For sharing it publicly, you can add it as a "status" on your profile and all your profile visitors and followers should be able to see it.

For sharing it in this group:
Here is a thread to share your favorite quotes.

However, if you're the author of these quotes and poems and want to promote them, try here

Hope this helps :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow Gorab, you act just like a professional mod. Salute to you.
Great job.
Hope I'll be able to help you in it after the 8th of December.

message 39: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments What do you mean *act like a professional mod*? Huh? I am one B-)

message 40: by Viral (new)

Viral Panchal (viralpanchal) | 4 comments Thanks Gorab

message 41: by Horus (new)

Horus Gorab wrote: "Welcome to the group Viral :)
Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming your name is pronounced विराल and not like the medical jargon :P

For sharing it publicly, you can add it as a "status" on your pr..."

Medical jargon...lol

his name is pronounced विरल.

message 42: by Viral (new)

Viral Panchal (viralpanchal) | 4 comments Gorab there is not any problem.. whatever people want to think.. they can.. chill..
And i accept that i m વાયરલ for my quotes/ short story/ poems/ art. And mostly now.. in the discussion ..

message 43: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments He he :) All the best for spreading your viral art!

message 44: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Mods, I need help.
Don't know how to send message to all group members like you've been sending perfectly all this time.
Wanted to include all of our monthly activities which the new members might not be aware of - BOTM, Copy Cat Challenge, Monthly BR challenge....

message 45: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Never mind, figured it out ;)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Gorab wrote: "What do you mean *act like a professional mod*? Huh? I am one B-)"

Oh sorry for this comment. You are a professional in every sense!!

message 47: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Hey no sorry worry here... you know i was just kidding around you :D
Thanks for the complement :)

message 48: by Roberto (new)

Roberto (roguijape) Hi, everyone! A new comer (I saw at the Introduction thread it's almost year and a half since new members entered). I've had the Goodreads account since 2012 but until recently began using it in a more active way.

Good to be here!

message 49: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments Hello Roberto. No there have been regular addition of new members.... But yeah you are the newest new comer :)
Welcome again.

message 50: by Sanket (new)

Sanket Biswas | 2 comments I will be settling in Mumbai within 2months. I need your help in suggesting me books which will make me aware of the culture and history of the city and its people.

« previous 1