P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) P.S. I Still Love You discussion

Who's better for Lara Jean? John or Peter?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caroline Liberatore While reading this I could never decide who I shipped Lara Jean with more. Thoughts?

Ness Peter. I just felt a connection to Peter that I didn't get with John. But he needs to be more understanding about boundaries and when to share stuff with people.

TheBookishInquisitive I'm team Peter definitely! Although to me there wasn't much of a relationship development between Peter and Lara Jean in this book like there was in the first book. I felt like this book focused more on Lara Jean's family dynamic, which was nice too read about, but I was slightly disappointed that we didn't see more of Lara Jean and Peter navigating their relationship other then dealing with the consequences of the hot tub video. To me John's character was too perfect I was always skeptical about that no one is that perfect. I feel like if there is another book to the series we'll get to see more of the love triangle between him Lara Jean and Peter.

message 4: by BookSuchti (new)

BookSuchti John. But I've hated Lara Jean during the entire two books, so: she can keep Kavinsky, if she wants to so badly. I'd take John (he would be a great boyfriend for me- just saying).

Pink Wine BookSuchti wrote: "John. But I've hated Lara Jean during the entire two books, so: she can keep Kavinsky, if she wants to so badly. I'd take John (he would be a great boyfriend for me- just saying)."
I agree with you.

Abbi Peter! I like John's sweet personality, and how he really seems to get Lara Jean (the nursing home and the snow globe...), but I still think Peter's the right one for her. Their relationship is so coincidental, I think it's really meant to be. I love how protective he is over her, and how jealous he got when he saw her with John. It did bother me though, that Peter seemed to put Genevieve first (but I do understand a bit why he had to...). I really hope to see a third book in this series!

Gina I'm gonna have to say John for this one. Lara Jean is sweet and innocent. Peter isn't. It just looks like a set up for heart break.
I'm gonna be "that person" and say she should take the safe route. She does like John and she would have fallen hard for him if she didn't see Peter and Gen together causing jealousy.

Fangirl After reading the 2nd book, definitely JOHN! I really loved Peter during the 1st book and it breaks my heart how he turned out in the second one. T.T I hope his character gets better on the 3rd one.

What disappointed me about Peter:

1. He's so insensitive of how Lara felt. When Lara gets mad, he doesn't make an effort to cheer up Lara.
2. He knew about Gen spreading the video but he didn't even tell her. Yeah, he knew about it not too long but after Lara found out, he should've made more effort in apologizing.
4. He seems to have more secrets with Gen than Lara.
3. Why can't he tell Lara about Gen's problem? Doesn't he trust her? They were also bestfriends before.
4. When Lara was hurt of seeing him hugging Gen, he was the first one to bring up the "break-up thing".
5. Why was it so easy for him to let go of her? He just agreed to it and the next morning he started ignoring her. Lara should be mad Peter! Not you!
6.I hated the part where he took the necklace back from Lara. You won't be taking anything back from a person if you still loved her.

message 9: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Brown 13 REASONS WHY I HATE PETER

1.Peter was lying about him waiting for Lara in the hot tub, but he was actually waiting for Gen. Then he has the AUDACITY to make out with poor naive Lara
2.Peter kept trying to convince Lara that Gen didn’t post the video, but HE KNEW and let Gen slut shame Lara. He was only thinking of protecting Gen
3.Peter was waiting for Gen, defending Gen, and wanting to make out with Gen in the hot tub….but he still gets mad about Lara not asking him to bring the pizza…..? XD
4.He lied about making a poem for Lara, and bought her a cheap necklace when Lara made these delicious raspberry pastries she spent HOURS on
5.Peter didn’t even say sorry for all the shit he pulled. The only decent thing he did was drive her in the snow, but that doesn't compensate for everything
6.He made fun of poor John’s stutter. Keep in mind, Peter is John’s best friend
7.“He always eats the last slice of pizza” lmao
8.Peter thinks he can have Gen and Lara, but when it doesn’t work out, he shifts the blame on Lara for “not asking him to buy the pizza” and “not showing up to his lacrosse games”
9.He was late for his date with Lara for AN HOUR
10.When Lara questions him for wanting to meet up with Gen, he was all like “weelll we weren’t in a relationship”
11.He invited Gen to Lara’s tree house when Lara CLEARLY told him he didn’t want her there
12.After making out with Lara, he goes straight to Gen’s room for whatever reason
13.Peter lets and basically GIVES Gen lara’s “favorite scrunchie” I mean what the fuck?!?!

Rakhi Mann I really like Peter. He seems like a free spirit but deep inside he suffers from pain because of his father. However I think that John Ambrose McClaren is THE ONE for Lara Jean.

brunettebookmark I'd say Peter. I never felt a connection with John and he felt kinda boring and distant. The only thing that I liked about him was the fact that he was stormy's grandson. There was just nothing to say about John...

Raynee I want to say Peter so bad but he is such a shady people pleaser. I don't understand why he could never tell Lara about Genevieve's "huge" secret. He should have just spilled the beans to Lara and then they would have resolved nearly all of their problems. Of course, I get that's a part of the plot but in the grand scheme of things, his loyalty to Gen takes him right out of the number one spot for Lara. Peter also never talks about the things that upset him until its way to late. Plus I will never get over Peter not telling everyone on the ski bus that the hot tub makeout sesh was JUST kissing.

John gets this title because he is dorky like Lara and actually communicates how he feels. Plus him being Stormy's grandson is the icing on the cake.

Freya I think the question should be who is better for Peter... Lara-Jean brings out the best of him, showing the "real" people when he's not trying to show off in front of all his friends and putting on the macho image.

Heena Shariff Up for Peter........... Uk whatever he was or whoever he's been. He's changed for lara. And I personally feel not everyone would do that.

Katherine Reilly Heena wrote: "Up for Peter........... Uk whatever he was or whoever he's been. He's changed for lara. And I personally feel not everyone would do that."
I totally agree...Peter because if you are going to change for a girl that much you deserve her. John cannot date Lara Jean because he dated her sister. Not okay.

message 16: by Myah (new) - rated it 2 stars

Myah Hmmm. This is a tough one but in the books, I liked her with Peter more but in the movie, I preferred her with John. Is this just me? I feel like John Ambrose in the book and movie were different obviously look-wise but also personality-wise and in the book they connected in different but the same ways. Does that make sense? But honestly, I think John is too good for Lara Jean either way :)

message 17: by Myah (new) - rated it 2 stars

Myah Katherine wrote: "Heena wrote: "Up for Peter........... Uk whatever he was or whoever he's been. He's changed for lara. And I personally feel not everyone would do that."
I totally agree...Peter because if you are g..."

Katherine wrote: "Heena wrote: "Up for Peter........... Uk whatever he was or whoever he's been. He's changed for lara. And I personally feel not everyone would do that."
I totally agree...Peter because if you are g..."

Isn't josh the one who dated her sister? Still messed up that those two also had a relationship. Jeez, Lara Jean's moving around.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

NO!! john is peters ex best friend!!! he moved away when they were younger!

I agree, john was way to mature for her, he's growing up much faster than Lara Jean.

Meisha Bell Definitely Peter

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

peter in the book is much more romantic than in the mocie

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Movie?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

movie*

Meisha Bell Anaiya_Read's wrote: "movie*"

yeah i agree. I think they picked a great person to play him though. are you a jenny han fan?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Livi wrote: "Anaiya_Read's wrote: "movie*"

yeah i agree. I think they picked a great person to play him though. are you a jenny han fan?"

i don't read much romance im more of a horrer suspence, cerial killer person, but i happend to read this series and fell in love

Meisha Bell Anaiya_Read's wrote: "Livi wrote: "Anaiya_Read's wrote: "movie*"

yeah i agree. I think they picked a great person to play him though. are you a jenny han fan?"

i don't read much romance im more of a horrer suspence, c..."

same I really like Catherine Coulter. I'm a huge book nerd and i love all kinds of books

Bella Armesto Peter has so many good qualities. So does John,but peter has more.(:

Bella Armesto Sadie wrote: "13 REASONS WHY I HATE PETER

1.Peter was lying about him waiting for Lara in the hot tub, but he was actually waiting for Gen. Then he has the AUDACITY to make out with poor naive Lara
2.Peter kept..."

Yo everyone who is a human will make mistakes. Even peter.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Bella wrote: "Peter has so many good qualities. So does John,but peter has more.(:"

Peter was lying about him waiting for Lara in the hot tub, but he was actually waiting for Gen. Then he has the AUDACITY to make out with poor naive Lara

as much as i love peter he does NOT have more good qualities as john!

Eleanor Jones John. For sure. If Lara Jean was second guessing her love for Peter because she met John shows that their relationship does not work all the time. Relationships are not perfect, I know that. But Peter and Lara Jean are too opposite for me to care. I know that no one is going to agree with me, Peter and Lara Jean would be great friends. I would prefer if the book was about ex's being friends and how awkward that is but from the protagonist's perspective not just with Gen. They have a communication problem that is something that no healthy relationship should have. They have it in the next book as well. John and Lara Jean are so similar and so sweet. Their both nerds and I think that fits them. They seem like they get along a lot more and have way better conversations and communications. I want to know people that are on Peter's side.

Eleanor Jones Sadie wrote: "13 REASONS WHY I HATE PETER

2.Peter kept..."

THANK YOU

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Nora wrote: "Sadie wrote: "13 REASONS WHY I HATE PETER

1.Peter was lying about him waiting for Lara in the hot tub, but he was actually waiting for Gen. Then he has the AUDACITY to make out with poor naive Lar..."

lol!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Nora wrote: "John. For sure. If Lara Jean was second guessing her love for Peter because she met John shows that their relationship does not work all the time. Relationships are not perfect, I know that. But Pe..."

honestly i love john, but he is way to good for lara. lara is still a teenager, while john is a teenager but is much more mature. lara needs someone who is similer to her. but if lara was just a little more mature i would pick john all the way

Alyssa I think that John was good at the time that he was present. I ship Lara with Peter more because I felt more of a connection and I love his interactions with her family more as well as the way he acts.

Mariella In my opinion, Lara was better with John. I didn´t really liked Peter´s attitude at all.

Jiya J Herondale I mean in the first book I was team kavinskey but later I think josh would have understood Lara much better. they were besties before so I think he would have known her a lot better than peter

Colleen I thought the connection she had with Peter was much stronger. John moved away so she was closer to Peter, and John seemed much more mature than Lara.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Colleen wrote: "I thought the connection she had with Peter was much stronger. John moved away so she was closer to Peter, and John seemed much more mature than Lara."

i agree 100 percent with you

Mandy John, he was more considerate of Lara Jean and just cared for her more. Maybe in the future lol.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Mandy wrote: "John, he was more considerate of Lara Jean and just cared for her more. Maybe in the future lol."

maybe

Kristi Sadie wrote: "13 REASONS WHY I HATE PETER

2.Peter kept..."

OMG THIS THIS THIS!!! Honestly really disliked Peter for LJ... I found that John was a waaaay better match for her! Peter was just a typical high school jerk the way that he was portrayed. There was some character development later on but honestly, I couldn't handle the lies that Peter just threw at LJ without even blinking!

message 41: by T. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T. Merle Oo, so I read all three books. In this book I really felt like she should have gone with John Ambrose. He spent so much time with her and I love how he answered her letter so respectfully, and then stood up for her when Peter was a jerk.

I love John Ambrose so much, and I hate how in the movie they made of this book they took so much out of it. Really stripped it down to nothing.

Zaczytana.Hania Only Peter!!!

J.shadowgirl Honestly... neither of them. John is boring, didn't really see true chemistry between him and LJ and Peter is just toxic.

message 44: by Tizi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tizi I think most people (mostly who have only seen the movies) think that Peter is the only and ONLY option for LJ but I think that the best bf for her was Johnny because he was such a good guy and so respectful and funny that if Lara doesn't want him, I do 😂💝.

Mandii I think Peter. He does have to work on his behavior cause he doesn’t always react the best way but even with his flaws I can’t seem to picture LJ without him. I didn’t like when he acted like a toxic bf, there’s no excuse for that but I feel like at the end LJ helped him be better.

About Josh...he never clicked for me. He’s a good guy and all but I don’t feel like he was LJ’s type.

message 46: by Lucy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lucy Mandii wrote: "I think Peter. He does have to work on his behavior cause he doesn’t always react the best way but even with his flaws I can’t seem to picture LJ without him. I didn’t like when he acted like a tox..."

Personally, i never liked Josh either he felt to clingy for me, like he couldn't have Margot so he would try for LJ now. It just didn't feel right and i don't think his feelings ever stretched further than friendship.

Madelon There's only one correct answer in my opinion: Peter.