Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > about "the warded man "(demon cycle)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asal (new)

Asal hi :)))
I want to read this series but in its genres I saw horror
and I usually don't read horrid books (I easily get scared haha)
does it has violente scenes?
I'm not THAT touchy but please tell me a little about this series.
thank you :))

message 2: by Asal (new)

Asal No one knows? :((

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) I have not read it. Maybe go thru some of the reviews on the book. I always look at some of the reviews if I can't tell exactly what the book is about or based on. of course not the spoilers I hope this helps.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Murray It isn't horror as such. It does contain violence and sexual scenes. It has at least one rape scene that I recall which, though it isn't too graphic it is graphic enough with a young boy.

The demon parts of it aren't especially scary but some brutal deaths in there which are described quite a bit.

If you have read anything by Brent Weeks, you will have the sort of idea of how the demon cycle books are.

Hope this helps.

message 5: by Asal (new)

Asal thank you :))))
I think it's better for me to find another book!

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Murray Welcome. :)

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) It sounded good until the rape scenes and such! I mean don't get me wrong I love horror books and thrillers but I get real bad panic attacks when I watch or read a rape scene especially if it is very graphic one. My friend jokes that I must have been a rape victim in my pass life! Of course I don't believe in that but. Thanks Richard.

message 8: by Richard (new)

Richard Murray Happy to help. It isn't as graphic as some I've encountered in books before but yeah, knowing about it first is always useful.