Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOKS! > How Many Books Do You Own?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments How many books do you guys own? How many bookshelves do you have? How many books do you own that you haven't read?

Let's discuss! :)

message 2: by Tashy (new)

Tashy Jones | 821 comments My last count I had over 200, I have about 40-50 on my tbr shelf

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I have around 230 books. About 60 of these are books that I have not read.

I have 4 bookshelves. My biggest one hangs up on the wall and covers quite a bit of space with its two rows. Under that, I have a two shelf one that is pretty deep. Next to that, I have a 3 cubed vertical shelf and to the right of that, I have a 6 cubed shelf. They are full at the moment and I have no more room for more bookshelves so I am not sure what I am going to do.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I own around 2K (2,000) maybe 2.5K (2,500).

About half of that is adult Romance, Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi and with a little horror thrown in. No Mystery or Thrillers for me.

I also have about 750 YA and Teen novels with a few Middle Grade thrown in.

Then I have somewhere around 500 Non Fiction and Children's novels.

So 1200, 750, and 500 = 2450? I'm overestimating on some of that though. But I do have 9 big bookshelves full the four shelf kind and another two half bookshelves and not all my books are able to fit. ^_^

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm always embarrassed when people ask me this question, but it looks like bookbuyer is right there with me. LOL

I own 849 NOOK books, 1124 Kindle, and somewhere right around 360 books in my home on my four bookshelves.

So that's what? 2333! Thanks, Bookbuyer, I feel better now! LOL

message 6: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Aug 21, 2015 06:59AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Vicki wrote: "I'm always embarrassed when people ask me this question, but it looks like bookbuyer is right there with me. LOL

I own 849 NOOK books, 1124 Kindle, and somewhere right around 360 books in my home ..."

lol. Glad to help. I just wish I had more! But I already don't have any room for more and I have the biggest bedroom in my house! I would probably own a ton more if I ever got into the whole e-book business. But for now I still prefer physical copies.

P.S. It's also why my user name is bookbuyer. lol. :P

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments So most of your books are physical paperback or hardback copies?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Vicki wrote: "So most of your books are physical paperback or hardback copies?"

Yes. I dislike e-books. So I only have a handful and I rarely read those.

I have a special way of putting my books on my shelves for my romance. Kind of flat instead of upright. I find I can fit much more on my shelves that way. But I can't do the same with my YA because they are all different sizes unlike the romance, etc.

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow! I think my husband WOULD go crazy if I had that many physical copies! He's already made four bookshelves for me. That's a lot of books in a home...I love it though. If he dies before I do, I'll undoubtedly add to my physical collection. LOL

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Vicki wrote: "Wow! I think my husband WOULD go crazy if I had that many physical copies! He's already made four bookshelves for me. That's a lot of books in a home...I love it though. If he dies before I do, I'l..."

LOL. I try to keep my books in my room at least since I still live at home. My mom is a reader too, but she prefers e-books unlike me and gets cranky when too many of my books leave my room. lol. >.<

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I always have around 30 books OFF the shelves. Those are my library books. Lol

I guess NO ONE can understand our craziness except book lovers! It's NEVER enough and NEVER ending!!

I'm donating my entire collection of ebooks and physical books to one of my daughters when I die. Lol She teaches reading in high school so I KNOW she'll put them to good use.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Vicki wrote: "I always have around 30 books OFF the shelves. Those are my library books. Lol

I guess NO ONE can understand our craziness except book lovers! It's NEVER enough and NEVER ending!!

I'm donating m..."

I'm planning to have enough books to make a whole library by the time I die. I want to own over 1 million books before I die. That's number 1 on my bucket list and has been for several years. Still a long way to go though. lol. :P

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow!!! Beauty & the Beast library!!! Cool!!

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Vicki wrote: "Wow!!! Beauty & the Beast library!!! Cool!!"

lol. ^-^

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2012 comments I actually made a spreadsheet recently with all the books I own, and it looks like right now I own 194 physical books. I don't really have space for all these books, though, which is a bit of a problem. Someday, I want to have a bookshelf room that has shelves built into the wall, and my entire book collection will be housed in there in alphabetical order.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Vicki and Bookbuyer, I would love to own as many of you guys do!! I think I am at a good start though considering my age. ;D

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) That is good. It took me 10+ years to build my considerable collection and I add more each year. :)

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I won't tell you how many years it took me, but you already know I'm a grandma to 19!! Lol

You're at an amazing start, Jacque!!

message 19: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I have about 190 physical books. I have two long shelves along two of my walls that connect in the corner. The top one is to display series, and the bottom is rainbow organized standalones.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4393 comments I have around 540 physical books and around 200 on my kindle fire. I have 3 big bookcases that have 5 shelves each and pretty deep, each shelf has 2 rows of books. I am almost out of room on my last bookshelf, will probably be filled by the end of the year. Not sure what I will do then, I have no room for anymore bookcases :(

message 21: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 303 comments I have around 500 physical books in my own personal collection. About 300 kindle books.
My classroom library has around 300.

It's growing everyday.

message 22: by Jessica (last edited Sep 11, 2015 11:14PM) (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 6 comments I love books. I have no clue how many I own. My uncle used to own a used bookstore. When he died, he left me all of what he had left. Then when my Grandma passed away, she too left me hers. She converted one of her bedrooms into a 10x 11 foot library with built in wall covering shelves, all packed full. Less than half of these hold my interest and I am slowly donating the ones I will never read. Lots of Nora Roberts, which I enjoy, but not enough to take up physical room on my shelves. I have too many book shelfs. I have books scattered everywhere and look like a hoarder even though I am not. I am taking about 150 to the mens jail this week, and about a hundred to a local abused women's shelter.

message 23: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (friendtobooks04) | 105 comments I own around 265 books. About 25 of these books are to be read or books I am currently reading.

message 24: by Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (last edited Oct 04, 2015 12:39PM) (new)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1090 comments I own 1095 books (216 of which I haven't read) PLUS I have 472 ebooks, 343 of which I haven't even read. So, I guess I own a total of 1567? And that's not even accurate. I prefer physical copies, so there are some ebook that I also have a paper copy of. I also like to have different editions of books, because of the pretty covers.

I have a book buying problem, I bought 24 books this week alone, so my bookshelf is constantly growing.

message 25: by Carol (new)

Carol | 214 comments I wouldn't like to count how many books I have in both physical and ebook format. All I know is that I have a bookcase of 5 shelves full of books, about 5-6 boxes in the garage full and over 2,000 on my ebook and not counting the ones waiting to go on to the ebook. I also work in a library and currently have 30+ books to read at home as well. I now sneak books into the house and hide them in bags in my wardrobe. :)

message 26: by Katherine (last edited Dec 22, 2015 09:22AM) (new)

Katherine | 126 comments Well this is going to show my book hoarding problem... oh no.

Well because I borrow books from the library as well as listing to audio books, and I have a kindle, as well as having paper/hardback books on my shelf's; its hard to keep track so I'll give a rough idea of my book collection. Oh and I've deleted books form my kindle if I didn't enjoy them.

ok, so far I've read about 1,475 books. 805 of them are kindle-books, 350 of them are manga's, 102 are paper-backs, 70 are audio books, and the last 48 books are either borrowed library books or deleted kindle books.

On my TRL I have 1,026 books to read, but I only own 657 of them so far, and I have more books that's going to be added to my TRL from all the books I'm getting for Christmas - I know I'm at least getting 20 books this year from one person. Never ending collections, I'm never going to get to the end of my list, am I?!

yeah, so... how was your day?

message 27: by Vale (new)

Vale (vimry) 258 physical books, give or take a few, and about 175 kindle books. Plus about 25 nook books. So around 440 total.

message 28: by Isadora (new)

Isadora (isadorawonder) Around 55 books. 25 unread, maybe.

message 29: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments The only physical books I own are textbooks I couldn't sell back. Everything else I have donated because I have absolutely no space to store books where I live now. As for ebooks, I probably have about 2500 of them right now. I have over 1400 on my to-read list, which only contains the first of a series (I don't add the others until I decide I liked the first one, then add each one as I finish the one before it.) Many books are not from Amazon and I have gotten free elsewhere, so I have to convert them into mobi or azw3 for the kindle, which takes forever for that many books! This doesn't even count my comics, which have to stay on my computer because they take up too much space on the kindle, or my audiobooks.

message 30: by Lauraeimre (new)

Lauraeimre | 4 comments Only 95 :(

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Dickerson (melissadickerson) Oh god. Thousands.

message 32: by Sara (new)

Sara Sahiner (sarasahiner) | 95 comments People own so many books! LIKE HOW? Wow I'm trying to get my numbers up. I own exactly 103 paperbacks though Im definitely going to buy more with time.. :')

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara Sahiner (sarasahiner) | 95 comments Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "I own 1095 books (216 of which I haven't read) PLUS I have 472 ebooks, 343 of which I haven't even read. So, I guess I own a total of 1567? And that's not even accurate. I prefer physical copies, s..."

Omg thats so many books! Thats probably like heaven haha

message 34: by Jessie (Saffity) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments I have 8 full sized bookshelves full of books in my house (we actually have a 'library' room), and then there's a scattering of books in every room of my house. I haven't taken the time to count them, but I think I can safely say I have over physical 500 books in my house, not counting the now over 300 ebooks that I have (I only got my iPod touch and kobo this last year so I'm a little short on ebooks)

message 35: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn Burley | 29 comments I used to just go to the library, but recently started buying my own books, so including ebooks and physical books, I have about 50.

message 36: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 107 comments I have a large bookshelf in my computer room completely filled. Probably own around 200 or so. E-books...my kindle is riddled with books lol I can't even begin to think of the number I have on there.

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela Maria Hart (angelamariahart) | 18 comments Far TOO many to count!:) One can never have too many books.

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) Last I counted a month ago it was at roughly 280 physical books and 100 of those I haven't read. eBook wise I have over 1000 and about 600+ of those I haven't read. Yea I may have a problem but no shame! :)

message 39: by ivy (new)

ivy (cunning239) Tons.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 310 comments I have around 500 physical books and around 350 ebooks.

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) According to my lovely book cataloging app I have 237 read books and 215 tbr book on my book shelves. I have almost 100 audio books but about half of them I also have on my shelves, and I have no Idea how many ebooks but I think it might be around 45.

So all together about 597 books and Im kinda proud my dream of a personal library is getting closer :)

message 42: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) I have a personal library organized by author's last name and to be honest, I haven't even read half of the books that I own. I haven't actually counted how many, but I'm assuming it is over 200.

message 43: by Miley (new)

Miley (mileyrowling) | 78 comments I think I have around a 1000 or so. They're in two different houses, so it's kind of hard to keep track.

message 44: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charbe) | 5 comments I own a little over 1,700 and just keep adding to the collection. I always keep every book read. My library does not have a ton of room so I keep the books I have read in large totes within my house in a closet, to my husbands dismay there are quite a bit of totes filled with books. Then all of my books to read are displayed in my library.

message 45: by Siya (new)

Siya (siyak_) I am just getting into YA and reading so I am slowly collecting more and more books. But, at the moment I have 11 YA books and a whole bunch that are younger reading grade whig dont count

The Book Crusader (thebookcrusader) | 14 comments Several hundred. It's impossible for me to keep track, hence why I end up with so many duplicates.

It's also why I am forever grateful that Amazon notifies me if I've already purchased a book. If only that could happen in real life.

Colleen (Colleensreadingadventures) Scidmore (colleensreadingadventures) | 281 comments I have several thousand in Ebook form and at least several hundred physical books. I have some packed in my garage and boxes of books at 2 different storage units! I will never be able to read all my books but I can't help getting more. I have a book obsession!

message 48: by Christine (new)

Christine Gabriel (christinegabriel) | 7 comments Is being a book hoarder count as a #? ;)

message 49: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 132 comments Nearly 400, I guess

message 50: by Kat (new)

Kat (sailercat) I have one bookshelf but I have multiple books in storage bins and organizational boxes. I think I have over 400...

« previous 1