Wellington Reads discussion

What Are You Reading? > What are you reading? August 2015

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica So, what's everyone been reading this month?

I finished two larger and denser books Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed and The Corrections. I found the first one really thought-provoking and gave it 4*. Although the first half of it, could have done with a better edit as it was overly detailed. The second book was just too wordy and didn't have much plot so I struggled through it, gave it 3*.

I finished a shorter read the other day: Purple Hibiscus which I really enjoyed. It's good to read a book by a non-westerner for a change!

Now I've picked up a shorter read Live Bodies which has been on my bookshelf for over a year.

message 2: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2015 05:34PM) (new)

Stephanie Ackerman Erica wrote: "So, what's everyone been reading this month?

I finished two larger and denser books Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed and The Corrections. I found the first..."

I read Purple Hibiscus a few years ago and really enjoyed it as well! I also enjoyed Half of a Yellow Sun by the same author. I'm also keen to read her latest book Americanah.

I just finished Frankenstein which I quite enjoyed and I now have nothing lined up next! Unusual for me, so maybe I'll get started on Americanah ;o)