Let's Talk Books discussion

Vent and/or Rant

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A. Cook (new)

A. Cook (angiecook) | 50 comments Mod
This isn't really a rant but I am discovering that I may have an issue. Last week I had this bright idea that I was going to put all the books that are on my kindle on my TBR list. I THOUGHT that there were only about 100 books on there. Which in my mind wasn't a problem but when I was finally able to get a good count there were over 470 books. Then I started going through my other reading apps and there is another 200 books there. Then I looked at the other stacks of books I have piled around (next to my bed, living room tables, dining room table and car) and there are another 20 to 30. I think I have a problem.

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Rising (dianaruthr) Angela wrote: "My little vent for the day:

I am in a group called A Million More Pages...I am sorry but the people who can read books in that time frame are a little nuts. I just don't get it. And I don't get how people can read two to three different books at the same time either. "

Angela, books are a lot of different lengths, maybe she is reading shorter stories? Also, maybe you are enjoying the books you read more, thinking about what is going on more than this other gir?
But I guess you would think I am nuts. I read all the time I'm not at work, carry my kindle together with me, have my kindle read my book to me on the way to work. Also, as I have gotten older, I don't have kids and don't sleep as much.
I will agree that I am nuts, though. I totally immerse myself in books, so I can't stand to put them down.
When I get to a tough point in a book, I will switch to another and then go back. For some reason I don't have trouble keeping them straight.

message 3: by A. Cook (new)

Diana wrote: "Angela wrote: "My little vent for the day:

I am in a group called A Million More Pages...I am sorry but the people who can read books in that time frame are a little nuts. I just don't get it. And..."

Diana,
I will agree with you. Books are different lengths and if it is a really good one I will not put it down. I walk everywhere with my Kindle and my phone has my kindle app + Kobo + other reading apps. I have been known to read two to three books per week but then again sometimes it has taken me a couple of weeks to read a book. Mostly those are crap-tastic books that I feel guilty about putting down.

message 4: by A. Cook (new)

Brief rant for the week.

Work + homework = less personal reading time.
Work + homework + leisurely reading = NO SLEEP

Must find a way to do it all.

message 5: by A. Cook (new)

Angela wrote: "Well, I just got hired recently at a brand new IHOP. When I got hired right after I filled out my application, the general manager told me we were opening a week from this past Tuesday. Well, I tol..."

Sorry to hear about the turmoil at your new job but I do hope that it works out.